Colnago MTB

A bit of an issue with the BB :

I tried to fit a Shimano UN52 and 72 in the frame and they just slide in without even touching the threads of the frame .
Before you say it , the frame has threads , there was a BB in it , but it is not long enough . It is a Stronlight and to undo it , it was the other way round of other BB .

Does this mean it is an italian thread BB I need ?and where can i find a 127mm one ??

From your description it certainly matches my experience of trying to fit an Englsh threaded b/b to a frame with an Italian threaded shell.

Not sure where to get longer axled Italian threaded b/bs - Campag did do square taper cartridge b/bs that were very cheap and good quality but not sure if in the length you are after. Perhaps check Sheldon Brown to see if such an axle length was made by Campag and then look at, for example, try Settle Cycles, Spa Cycles or SJSC? Or ask a question on the CTC forum, they are usually very helpful and may be able to steer you in the right direction

Sorry not to be able to offer more than that

sjs cycles have italian threaded shimano cartridges up to 115mm, and an ofmega in 122.5mm

Back