Schwalbes

No 2.25's but I measured the tread width of my 2.4s at 57mm, does that help?

For all tire width relatyed questions I go to Shiggy's pages, he's even got a Schwalbe specs page:

http://mtbtires.com/site2/tire-specs/56-schwalbe/59-schwalbe-tire-specs

No 2.25 Nobby Nic on this one, but search and he'll have it somewhere. Lot's of usefull info here and a bunch of 29er tire data too. Edit: He's got the 29er Ralph in 2.25 at a 56.5 carcass and tread width, same difference. I guess my rim inside wisth is a bit less than Shiggy's

Enjoy!!

Cheers Iboc, I should have checked shiggys! 57mm does sound promising though.

57mm sounds a bit narrow for 2.4's even with the inconsistent measuring systems of various tyre makers.
Remember 1" is 25.4mm so 0.1" is 2.54mm, thus 2.4" wide tyres should be closer to 60mm but even thats not certain as I have 2.1" tyres by yet another maker that claim to be 57mm the same as has been said for 2.4's. :roll:
Get the vernier calipers oot for accurate measurement Kaiser but other than that schwalbes are good ;)

Cheers Alex :) I have 2.6inches between the seat stays. If the 2.4's are anything to go by there should be ample room but a size would be great!

I thought it's a German name, so Sssh Vol ber

I love them anyway - done about 4000 miles on a pair of Land Cruisers (26x1.75) without a single puncture.. the Delta Cruisers on my 3-speed are good runners too although I haven't yet done enough distance to make any claims about resilience

Latest posts

Back