Gazelle Track bike 1978 probably FOR SALE

spiesbok":2d2td3fc said:
-mavic ma40 on pellisier hubs (street hubs but i placed a single cog and a lock ring on it, so it has a fixed gear)

Hope you're planning on installing some breaks as that lockring is due to come out sooner or latter and at a moment when you'll be needing it most (i.e. during braking).

jCymbal":1ymddw3m said:
spiesbok":1ymddw3m said:
-mavic ma40 on pellisier hubs (street hubs but i placed a single cog and a lock ring on it, so it has a fixed gear)

Hope you planning on installing some breaks as that lockring is due to come out sooner or latter and at a moment when you'll be needing it most (i.e. during braking).

i tought i was save because both the cog as the lockring are with thread, but if it's not save then i will install a singlespeed "cassette" and brakes (or i will look out for a track hub)

the lockring is supposed to be left-hand threaded. That one is probably from a bottom bracket so it's right-hand thread. It will came out together with the cog and at a time when you'll least expect it...

just assembled it a little bit
the bartape was just for myself to see how high i want the new one
now i am waiting for a "new" wheel for the fixed gear
img2070b.jpg

img2072u.jpg

img2071qs.jpg

found here on the forum a picture of it in the catalogue
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2...2_GALLERYSID=9665bb0bd38cd7e8f685961916681ad4

I will probably sell this bike
so if anyone is interested or could estimate the value
i could put a new chain and new handlebar tape on it

Back