Orange E4 - did they get disk mounts?

Carge

Retrobike Rider
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Hi chapskis,
Did Orange ever do the E4 with diskmounts?
I know they put diskmounts on the P7 in '99 - the Evo2 had them in '98

I have this irrational urge to try a disky Orange HT .

Hi Carge
To the best of my knowledge they didn't, but nformation about ANY Orange model is next to impossible to obtain from the internet.
The factory told me it was a result of 'hacking', but could not tell me if or when the lost information, including back catalogues, could be retrieved.
:(

In the meantime I have just bought an almost roadworthy, Front disc braked E4, with Bomber Forks which is funny because I have this irrational urge to put PACE Forks on it ! :LOL:

Just been chucking my Pace RC38 LTs down a mountain near Samoens - bolted to a full suss Orange of course.
Oranges & Pace forks - kinda go together like..... strawberries & cream

Sorry, belay that. :oops:
Seems like I was talking out of my Bottom Bracket !
Seems (from one website) that Orange fitted the Manitou SX-R fork as Standard to the E4.
'Googling' another (Enduro) website for SX-R overhaul, clearly shows DISC fitted but stubs for V-Brake spindles, as an option.
Catalogue for the year of the E4 mentions 'frame run of hydraulic hose'

But deffo no lugs on frame for Rear Disc. :)

img0526i.jpg

Cheers
terminator

I "might" have a Man-of-Poo SXR in my collection ;)

Hope your alpine trip was all good, glad to hear you're back in one piece, Carge!

orange archive

up until 2010 ?? the orange site allowed you to access a library of old catalogues and pages which was very helpful. sadly they disappered.

myself i've an evo2 and its a great bike.

Carge":1feagir1 said:
Hi chapskis,
Did Orange ever do the E4 with diskmounts?
I know they put diskmounts on the P7 in '99 - the Evo2 had them in '98

I have this irrational urge to try a disky Orange HT .
No, the 2001 E-six was the first of their Easton frames to have disc mounts.

Terminator's frame is a 2000, the last year of E4s, and that has no disc mounts as we can see. The hydraulic cable guides were for Magura rim brakes.

Back