Hydraulic Brakes ~ Are any new systems NOT 2 piston type?

My brakes have a million pistons each side.

Thus I defeat you all, snivelling piston-inferior scum!
icon_salut.gif

*sneers manfully*

Re: TO BLEED!

srands":2vpb3hfq said:
Also I guess some HOSES are hard to cut, and if you buy any BRAIDED HOSES, they better be the right length, don't think you could cut those to size EASILY!

I see ignorance is still bliss…

Braided lines are pretty simple to cut to the right length.

SHIMANO XTR & SAINT independent hydraulic brake tests

Hey have you seen this?

SHIMANO XTR & SAINT independent hydraulic brake tests

A little advise:
~ In the test reports on the right of the above website, column D is the actual performance of the specific brakes
(A is the set minimum standard, B & C are much higher expectations).

~ At the bottom of the main page, scroll down to see the graph comparisons.

Very very nice brakes, if anyone can realistically afford these.
Well I know I can't.

Basic Deore brakes are affordable enough- not much more than cable Avid BB7 if ye shop aroond......bloke I know swears by Quad- even cheaper than deore.

Well XT, XTR or SAINT is expensive.

Well when I look at MTB HYDRAULIC BRAKES: LEVER, CALIPER & DISK, I immediately think there is so little to them, that they are far too expensive for so few and little parts.

The prices of XT, XTR & Saint are so expensive, I wouldn't masquerade myself that I could afford Shimano's finest (i.e. I can't afford, even if I did like the name of the world's largest groupset manufacturer, and following implications).

But even at DEORE level, also with online discounts, they're are not even sold in pairs! Or in many instances not even with disks/rotors either! And I guess sizes larger then 16, such as 18 or 20, don't come with offset caliper adaptors to reach your IS/Post Mounts on your frame/fork!

Re: Well XT, XTR or SAINT is expensive.

srands":w2getre3 said:
Well when I look at MTB HYDRAULIC BRAKES: LEVER, CALIPER & DISK, I immediately think there is so little to them, that they are far too expensive for so few and little parts.

The prices of XT, XTR & Saint are so expensive, I wouldn't masquerade myself that I could afford Shimano's finest (i.e. I can't afford, even if I did like the name of the world's largest groupset manufacturer, and following implications).

But even at DEORE level, also with online discounts, they're are not even sold in pairs! Or in many instances not even with disks/rotors either! And I guess sizes larger then 16, such as 18 or 20, don't come with offset caliper adaptors to reach your IS/Post Mounts on your frame/fork!

And don't forget that shimano brake calliper seals are not replaceable.When they leak consistently you throw them in the bin. ;)

Re: Well XT, XTR or SAINT is expensive.

dyna-ti":3nuqzl70 said:
srands":3nuqzl70 said:

And don't forget that shimano brake calliper seals are not replaceable.When they leak consistently you throw them in the bin. ;)

To be fair MTB calipers are very intricate, if the caliper piston(s) did seize, or the caliper piston seals ripped through age/use I'd be very very surprised if you could dismantle the calipers to replace the caliper piston seals, that is if you could even buy the caliper piston seals separately.

But I bet you rich c*nts with Hope, Hayes or Avid Hydraulic Brakes, will tell me "You can get the caliper piston seals separately", well good luck in undoing your old caliper, without smashing it to a thousand pieces, if not have fun NOT knackering the new caliper piston seals whilst trying to fit them.

I've had a couple of sets of Hope C2 hydraulic disc brakes. You can replace the seals in them with no difficulty at all.

It's no more difficult that doing them on car disc brake calipers. You remove the old ones and lubricate the new ones with brake fluid before inserting them to prevent them from being damaged.

Jesus wept, it's after 3 in the morning, I'm bored but I can't be arsed going to bed. So I'll bite.

How do you manage to come up with the consistent level of complete and utter drivel like this,

"To be fair MTB calipers are very intricate, if the caliper piston(s) did seize, or the caliper piston seals ripped through age/use I'd be very very surprised if you could dismantle the calipers to replace the caliper piston seals, that is if you could even buy the caliper piston seals separately.

But I bet you rich c*nts with Hope, Hayes or Avid Hydraulic Brakes, will tell me "You can get the caliper piston seals separately", well good luck in undoing your old caliper, without smashing it to a thousand pieces, if not have fun NOT knackering the new caliper piston seals whilst trying to fit them."

Have you never worked on a bike or bike components at all?
As Pfennig says it is a piece of piss to dismantle and rebuild MTB calipers. If that is beyond your capabilities please stop posting your ever informative threads on all things MTB.
To paraphrase an old saying "Those who can, do. Those who can't, preach."

I still think you are a troll.

Back