1999 Raleigh RSP Catalogue

The Raleigh files

Hi,

Bit of a long shot, but has anyone got a copy of the 1987 or 1989 Raleigh MTB Catalogues? I'm specifically after details for my 2 new impulse purchases - a 1989 Raleigh Avanti and a 1987 Raleigh Ozark. I guess these would have been in the "lightweight" Catalogues they used to produce.

Thanks!

Thanks, everyone - obviously better search skills than I. Now got the Avanti cat page printed off for my collection!

Interesting point about the Ozark - it was listed as a 1987 on eBay when I bought it, and I was convinced it WAS an 1987 model, as I recall seeing this in my LBS window and I'd mapped it back that it was 1987. Oh well, will search some more and email the guy off the CTC forum to see if he can be any help.

I'm just pedantic - I like to have the Catalogue pages for all the bikes in the cave!

OK, some more research....

I'm now convinced that the Ozark I have is the 1987 model. It's the Red and Black model with U-Brake (pics below)

I believe (and I'm sure someone will be along shortly to correct me if I'm wrong :D ) that the '87 Ozark was red/black, the '88 Ozark was red/white and the '89 Ozark was white and purple.

Seems as though there were US/Canadian variants of the Ozark, as I've seen a couple of completely white ones with U-Brake on the Web on the other side of the pond.

Attachments

• ozark_383.jpg
    ozark_383.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 6,675
you should id this from the date stamped on the seatpost,also check the brakes they are nearly always dated on bikes from this period

Back