The NW&NW Area: General Chat Thread

drystonepaul":15ptrkdm said:
That's the 27-28th August bank holiday weekend. I'm happy to go with that. Any objections?

Also is Saturday or Sunday better?

Are we going for the usual Sat or is this a Sun ride for those who can't do Sats? I can do either at the minute.

In this instance, with it being the bank holiday, I'd personally prefer the Saturday. But I can do either.

:cry: Stop sorting rides for when I'm at work! :evil:

Could do Sunday but working all day Saturday and since it's summer there's not much chance of leave. :roll:

If any one fancys a ride on Sunday the 7th have a look-see.............. Here............. every one welcome :cool:

Calendar updated.

Gone for Saturday 27th August for the Dent and Ribblehead ride. It'll be a long ride and a good challenge with not many options to short cut back. In short, it'll be tough.
Announcement and details here: --> http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=161951

There's also the Retrobike National Series event in the Peak District a few short weeks away too.
It would be great if anyone from the NWA could indicate whether they can make it along on the announcement thread for that ride too please: --> http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=161732

Some great riding coming up then!

Anyone fancy another attempt at the Ribblehead-Dentdale ride later on in September?

Either that or a Macclesfield Forest/Buxton/Three Shires Head ride.

Also fancy a ride from or near Sheffield at some point too so I can reminisce on my university years.

drystonepaul":36nzgexg said:
Anyone fancy another attempt at the Ribblehead-Dentdale ride later on in September?

Either that or a Macclesfield Forest/Buxton/Three Shires Head ride.

Also fancy a ride from or near Sheffield at some point too so I can reminisce on my university years.

Yes! :D
Been dealing with illness in the family recently (all sorted now, with a bit of luck) so gagging to get out again!

Also found some old MBUK routes from '91ish, including a good looking 22miler over Jacob's ladder, if anyone fancies some retro route-finding... :LOL:

Hello Pete.
I've also been looking through some of my old route guides both from magazines and from guidebooks.

There are some great routes and great memories entwined within them.
I'm thinking of working my way through one of the books, completing all the routes a bike from the same year the book was published.

There's a Jacob's Ladder route in a couple of them.

Back