Much difference between a HG30 and HG50 cassette?

Dossa

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
....Would you say?

Obviously HG50 is higher up the pecking order but I need a nice silver 7spd 12-28t cassette for the Prestige to compliment the rest of the silver spec and I've only seen the HG50 in black or dark grey :cry: Worried the cassette would look a bit odd with it being black or is that just vanity?

I run a HG30 on the Alu 'O' and have no probs but have seen the HG50 for only a couple of quid more which tempts me :D

Weight wise, the HG30 is approx 360g but can't seem to find the weight of a HG50 one... If there's only minimal difference in weight/quality/function etc I'll stick to the silver HG30 but if not then it'll be a black HG50 one...

Any thoughts?

;)

I think nickel plating is the difference......quality remains after the price is forgotten.......unless you hide behind the sofa from the rent man I would go for it!..... :D

hg50-hg30

my thoughts?

from experience of using both of them.....very little!

i expect the hg50 has some extra care with the design and as suggested above has a better/stronger finishing coat but they look and feel similar.

weight is similar although i'm not sure as to the actual weight of either. if your machine isn't gonna be entered into serious competition then go for hg30.

i've used hg30 and been happy with the whole experience. shifted ok and costs less. ;)

Silver shiny cassettes do it for me ;) would a black Not one look cheap like the old 200gs ones ? & I wonder if the black coating would wear off after use :?

Go for the silver with a nice silver chain too :cool:

Will do :D

Got a new HG70 chain which I bought a while ago, but after having a quick glimpse in the box it's dark grey.... :oops:

Ah well, worse things happen at sea...

Back