87 Cannondale- Finished at last!

Dr S

Old School Grand Master
Updated pictures with nice new Onza bar ends fitted!
111a.jpg

111b.jpg

1111111111111.jpg

1111111.jpg

Finished at last :) My first Retro build!

Big thanks to Jez for the Zooka, Scant for the tyres and front wheel, Gil M for the decals and all those that helped with advice on colour.

SPEC
1987 Cannondale SM600 (build date 22/12/86
Tange Race Strut Fork with 60mm travel
Stronglight headset
Ringle Zooka Stem
Syncros Bar
Onza CWA bar ends
Kooka brake levers
Suntour XC front Canti
Suntour XC rear roller cam
Shimano XT--730 Shifters
Shimano XT-733 front mech
Shimano XT-730 short rear mech with CNC jockeys
Mavic 517SUP 36H wheels with White Industries front and Shimano XT-733 rear hub, 8 speed Shimano cassette, SRAM chain
Panaracer Magic tyres, 2.10 in blonde
Ringle Moby post
Selle Italia Super Turbo saddle
Cook Bros Racing E crankset 24, 34, 44 Tioga/ Ritchey Rings
Shimano Deore XT pedals
Shimano XT-733 bottom bracket
Hope and Ringle skewers, Bontrager bottle cage, Yeti Grips and Ringle Mojo brake hanger

I don't think there are many '87 frames that would look so convincingly "modern" (modern in retro terms, that's not an insult ;-) )

The geometry looks just right, and though I must admit that yellow would be one of my last colour choices it looks pretty good here :)

not bad ;) but wait till you see mine :cool: nah,seriously,looks great in those colours.any reason for not fitting an older rear mech?

Any reason for not fitting an older rear mech?

Availability mate, looking for a nice long cage M-730 to match the front- anyone??

Thanks for the kind words, and thanks again for all the advice.

Its funny that there are so few Cannondales on here considering how many were built.

Just found some nice NOS Onza CWAs in blue ano as a final touch- suppose these projects are never finished :LOL:

where did ya manage to find that old but young liking lady absolutey loverly :cool: wish i hadn't sold my white old girl on ebay earlier this year :cry: :cry:

Back