Schwalbes

kaiser

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Who has the knowledge on the Schwalbe tyre line? whats a racing ralph to a rocket ron? Whats the allrounder or good back and front set up?

kaiser":6j2z5s3o said:
Who has the knowledge on the Schwalbe tyre line? whats a racing ralph to a rocket ron? Whats the allrounder or good back and front set up?
Schwalbe have 2 levels of tyre, Performance line and Evo

Performance line are great value and almost as lightweight as the Evo range

Rocket Ron are a race tyre for dry conditions only, generally used up front with a Racing Ralph out back as on my Cube full susser

Racing Ralph can be used in dry and damp conditions on the front & rear, it' not too bad in the wet, but if you want a better wet set up go for the Nobby Nic up front & Racing Ralph out back, you will get more grip up front

If you want a set of all rounders try a Nobby Nic up front and a Racing Ralph out back, or a pair of Ralph's if you want a faster tyre set up

I use tubeless Ralphs front and rear in summer on my Clockwork

If you want a more race oriented set up go for the Ron/Ralph combo

In mud I use a Black Shark Mud (old version, the newest version is the Dirty Dan) and a Nobby Nic out back

kaiser":lqk5g4bi said:
Nice one Andy! :D :D
Nae bother

Basically you can just use 3 Schwalbe tyres and be covered for pretty much anything

Dirty Dan (or Black Shark Mud), Nobby Nic and Racing Ralph

Just mix em up a bit as per the conditions

I'm running Nobby Nic's front and back, got them from On One for a bargain 15 each or so.... Evo folding!
Really grippy on cliff path single track and forest tracks - wet & dry.. (all we really have around here...)

I ran a pair of Ralphs last year and I'm running a Ralph on the rear at the moment. I can echo everything said above.

UST Racing Ralph rear/Nobby Nic front is my current configuration.

Put a Nobby Nic on the rear too when heading for more technical stuff outside of Denmark but they're a lot more sluggish on hardpack and tarmac.

I haven't got round to mixing & matching but from what I've used...

Nobby Nic's I find great offroad and in the mud but as dbmtb says really quite sluggish on tarmac.

Smart Sam's roll really well on hard pack / tarmac and alike. Almost feel like a semi slick where the central knobs are so close together.

Rocket Ron's are my fave, generally great all rounders, reasonable grip and still feel smooth and roll well on tarmac.

:cool:

What is said above.

Plus I can recommend using the large 2.4 version of the Ralph and Nic. If your frame accomodates them they are the best. Run the big Ralphs with as low pressure as you dare and enjoy bags of grip in comfort never expected on a steel rigid retrobike and a very fast rolling ride too. Also available in 29er :D

Rocket Ron is sort of halway between Ralph and Nic but developed as a race tire very light for the size and they do wear fast. Ron in 2.4 is a different beast though with tall knobs by comparison, proper tractor tread.

Enjoy!!

NOBBY NIC OWNERS!

Can anyone tell me the width of the 2.25 tyre at its widest?

I need to see if it'll fit in here! Thats a 1.95 just now.

6004309603_69bf388ac5_b.jpg

Back