TRICKS, VERTS & DOWNHILLS that are plausible, ADD YOURS

Right, lots of talking

mikeekim89":1myb0983 said:
I'll admit. I watched the Roll Back video because I thought it might be interesting.. It's the slowest I've ever seen..

Seriously..1mph rolling back of a little bump.. VERY hard.. Honest. ;)

Espescially when you NEVER see BMX riders doing rollbacks from airs and tricks.

Lastly.. The guy going "Oh yeah!" Really needs to know what good riding skill is.. All you basically did was show people how you don't fall off of a bike when going slowly.. Not that hard a skill IMO..

I am expecting an insulting reply. But this thread is too me.. Pointless..

Ok, right, lots of talking, didn't say I Pro XC or DH or trials rider.

But I don't see many photos or videos of "real" hobby MTBers, that are members of this Forum. And a vid/photo clip of yourself riding a bike? Perhaps without a bike stand or stabilisers, perhaps....

Of course there are endless altered video clips, which are mostly CGI trickery.

Still NOT everybody has Psygnosis (That’s a software developer that makes games) as neighbours do they.

Re: Right, lots of talking

srands":3y0igtpo said:
Ok, right, lots of talking, didn't say I Pro XC or DH or trials rider.

But I don't see many photos or videos of "real" hobby MTBers, that are members of this Forum. And a vid/photo clip of yourself riding a bike? Perhaps without a bike stand or stabilisers, perhaps....

Of course there are endless altered video clips, which are mostly CGI trickery.

Still NOT everybody has Psygnosis (That’s a software developer that makes games) as neighbours do they.

I am neither a Pro XC, DH or Trials rider..

Kaya and marc two tone will agree that I am not the best. I never claimed too be.

If you really want video evidence of my being able to ride a MTB.. I will get some. I just have to build one back up.

As for the bike stand and stabilisers joke.. You can't really comment until your off them.

My business partner is actually a Professional FX guy. Movie editing. So I could get it edited well enough. But I won't..

If you wish to come and watch me ride yourself. Your welcome too.

I dare say you'll be suprised.

mikekim":29j8b85x said:
I dare say you'll be suprised

I must admit I was suprised when you fell off on the first corner at the 3 Tribes meet. I thought you would at least wait until we got onto the moors. :LOL:

Mad Skillz young un!

Btw, is the original poster in need of some help? He comes across as a little crazy?

Si

Dr S":33u7rar3 said:
mikekim":33u7rar3 said:
I dare say you'll be suprised

I must admit I was suprised when you fell off on the first corner at the 3 Tribes meet. I thought you would at least wait until we got onto the moors. :LOL:

Mad Skillz young un!

Btw, is the original poster in need of some help? He comes across as a little crazy?

Si

Now Now Si..

We both know that was the fault of those WildSh*tters

I've got to get a bike built to ride again..

On MODERN rubber.. Or Psychos..

Then I will complete a day!

Flights of Fantasy

OK there is always more skilled & fitter riders, and people have bad/good days. That's true for all people.

OK but the from a "STANDSTILL" BMX World Bunny Hop record, is a complete flight of fantasy at 1.4M's = 140cm (I will hyperlink the vid later).

OK people with ridiculous long legs and a really small frame, have much greater crotch clearance, when "STOOD ON THE PEDALS", the distance between crotch & top tube.
Me on my bike this distance is 40cm, but with a saddle at it's lowest the distance between my crotch and saddle is about 30cm, so even with clipless pedals, my bunny hops aren't going to any greater in height, as it's a physical impossibility. Momentum from prejumping (Tyre & suspension)sag is going to be minimal.

But the foreigner with the standing still world bunny hop record must have an incredibly long extended inside leg to comparison of most persons, despite his technique, of back hop, prejump then lift. God only knows what this person would claim with clipless pedals.

Impossible Vid of bunnyhop

So here the is BMX standing still world bunny hop record.

At 1.4 m's this person must have incredibly long legs, not too sure how he folds them away to get in a normal car.

Anyway this physical impossibility looks real enough (Enough to scale a medium height teenager, far greater then anybody can jump without a trampoline!) in this video, no wonder it makes our tricks and rides, look tame!

Perhaps my camera angle is bad, maybe next time I'll get my mate to hold it (Instead of just resting the camcorder on something).

Anyway, I know the UK MTB bunny hop record is alot less (Surprise), think they did this with a small MTB with clips & straps. Anybody got a video of this? Jez Avery or somebody else?

Me on my bike this distance is 40cm, but with a saddle at it's lowest the distance between my crotch and saddle is about 30cm, so even with clipless pedals, my bunny hops aren't going to any greater in height, as it's a physical impossibility.

:roll:

Back