Hope Hoops

That's just for the 15mm front only - how much left over for your rear?
Or is your budget £150 per wheel?

£150 wouldn't be for a set - most likely only a front. But if they are £150 a set I'm on it!

I've had a couple of pairs of Hope Pro 2 based wheel sets and think they're ace. Wouldn't have anything else now. I've heard DT rims are sweet but a bit 'soft'.

Oops! Yep didn't realise the price was for one set only :oops:
My budget is 150,may be able to stretch a little further. But it'd be for a set.
I'm not a particularly heavy rider or very aggressive.hope hubs preferred.it'll be one of few components on this bike that will be brand new! But as long as they are low maintenance and can withstand the accidental dinks from the occasional lapse in directional coordination,I'll be happy!
Would it work out more affordable to get the rims,hubs and spokes separately? I'd have to get them built professionally though....

twain":2ndzbz1v said:
Oops! Yep didn't realise the price was for one set only :oops:
My budget is 150,may be able to stretch a little further. But it'd be for a set.
I'm not a particularly heavy rider or very aggressive.hope hubs preferred.it'll be one of few components on this bike that will be brand new! But as long as they are low maintenance and can withstand the accidental dinks from the occasional lapse in directional coordination,I'll be happy!
Would it work out more affordable to get the rims,hubs and spokes separately? I'd have to get them built professionally though....
Almost always cheaper to buy fully built

I would seriously consider the Superstar wheelsets in my previous post, just bought some for a mate, they are really good value and well built too

You wouldn't be able to get a pair of Hope Hubs, let alone wheels brand new for £150, the rear hub alone is the best part of £140! The front hub is about £50

I think I saw someone asking the same thing on STW forum, was that you?

I'd take a lot of things said on there with a large pinch of salt ;)

Andy B":1ris90rp said:
Almost always cheaper to buy fully built

I would seriously consider the Superstar wheelsets in my previous post, just bought some for a mate, they are really good value and well built too

You wouldn't be able to get a pair of Hope Hubs, let alone wheels brand new for £150, the rear hub alone is the best part of £140! The front hub is about £50

I think I saw someone asking the same thing on STW forum, was that you?

I'd take a lot of things said on there with a large pinch of salt ;)

t'was not me on STW, i had a feeling it wouldn't be cheaper. makes sense really. i know little when it comes to wheels/hubs and prices. i'll check out those wheels you posted about :)

Back