cipolinni

Old School Grand Master
Up for sale a nice Vitus Super 980 tubing frame/forks

Columbus front forks

Inc: Campagnolo BB. Seat post,Binder bolt

(Chainset not included)

Size: C-C Top Tube 56cm. C-T Seat Tube 56cm

Rear drops 128mm (Suitable for 8-speed)

In very good condition,no damage or dents,but some paint flaking to lugs,and marks consistent with use.Although would benefit a re-finish.

£100 Posted

Photos here:

http://s1115.photobucket.com/albums/k55 ... 0Frameset/

Hi, I've got a friend very interested in this beauty, can I ask for any info on the tubing, whereabouts you are and a mini-dib while I have a chat with her please? :)

A proper education, cheers! :D

I've passed on all the info & my thoughts (that it's a world better than the modern trash we'd be buying at the same price point ;)) and I'm waiting on the product of the mulling-over. I'm hopeful...

Whereabouts are you? Would hopefully be able to pick it up :)

I think she's close to convinced - would be a first Retro project! :cool: :D

Can I just check how the frame is for rust? Looks cool in the pics, just want to be sure it's good to go as it is.

Also (forgive my ignorance) does the Campag BB use a different taper to Shimano/JIS? I'm guessing it comes out okay too?

Assuming all that's all good, I reckon £80 collected would seal the deal, no commission charged... ;) :LOL:

vitus

Hi,
There are paint flaking on the lugs,but as the post says,would benefit a re-finish.but can be used as is,i have and loved it.got to move some stuff for another project i have in line.
As far as collection goes,i'm in north wales (Caernarfon)
I can courier it to you Inclusive £95
Malc

Thanks Malc, Caernarfon shouldn't be a problem - any excuse to head into North Wales! :cool:

The lady in question (I'd best be polite as she's lurking ;)) is dropping in in the morning for me to check her sizing on my late 80s bike - so should have a definite answer (and probably a cheeky offer) for you by lunchtime, hope that's okay :)

Deflowering a Retrovirgin - exciting! :shock: :shock: :shock: :LOL:

vitus

No worries
Just give us a shout
Ooh btw, i'm heading to bury saturday afternoon,going to atlantic boulevard with a 50s frameset for re-finishing,spare you the journey to north wales,could meet up there if easier.
Should be there about 2-3pm
gotta get £90 for the vitus though!!
My mobile number 07899937939
Malc

Back