Bit of a long shot...

rockerc

Retro Newbie
I appeared on the cover of a magazine in maybe '91 or '92 in the UK, but I cannot remember which one it was, or exactly when. It was taken on a climb in my first race at Langbargh on Tees, and I know my friend who got me into it was really pissed off at me as it was my first race.
If anyone can tell me what magazines were even around at that time, that may be a good place to start. I used to have it, but when I moved from the UK many years ago, a lot of my stuff went awol of course, and I would love to prove to my current partner that I am not BS-ing her!

MBUK ( mountain biking UK) was the most popular at that time,others here in the UK were American mags anyway 'i think form memory (but cannot be sure ) can you remember what month ?

Unfortunately I cannot remember the month, although it must have been in the summer. I don't think it was MBUK, but I know there were a couple of other mags around at the time.

This bit's easy, it was a Bontrager OR, black frame, (still got it), with I think a Manitou fork at the time. I had a black shirt with horrible dayglo pink and yellow panels, and a white or light yellow 'helmet' thing. I was leading a group up a steep climb through gorse bushes I think... I had, and still have, long brown hair. Black shorts.
It was not MBA of course, but a UK mag.

Back