Early Grove X frame

rody

BoTM Winner
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Frame has a few quirks...

- U brake on the seatstays rather than the chainstays like later models
- Pierced boom tube that extends beyond the seat tube
- Something funky going on with the rear dropouts...hard to see in pic.

Emailed hoping for a serial number to tell a bit more of the story but no luck thus far.... :?

rody":20etwf9q said:
Frame has a few quirks...

- U brake on the seatstays rather than the chainstays like later models
- Pierced boom tube that extends beyond the seat tube
- Something funky going on with the rear dropouts...hard to see in pic.

Emailed hoping for a serial number to tell a bit more of the story but no luck thus far.... :?

U-brake: Yeah, remember you explained for later models they relocated them, as too many forces working near the bracket.

The seller of the German Hard Core -already had some covering on it- in later follow up tried again. I told him with selling and buying also a lot is about 'granting', so we are not heading in the right direction when he is out for a settlement somewhere above my original bid.

He also declared he is happy the highest bidder didn't take it and he will sure get more next time. Told him some are less eager to bid now and a recent X went for 230 complete and everything fitted.

He also tried to point out to me that eBay told to him that it is allowed what he did - what of course can't be true if he provided them the right details ..or did really ask.

If I see it relisted soon; I won't do business with this guy anymore.

Yes, I notified ebay.

Back