1992 Stumpjumper Pro - finished 28-8-2011

stumpjumper1990

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Bought this frame recently from Stoppi_71. It's in good condition so don't need to repray! Will start with the build after I finished the Concorde and after my holiday. Just had to post a pic of it now. Think it looks good with this RS1 fork! :D Might use it in the final build!

GroteFoto-RFSPNWE7.jpg

Still had some holiday the last weeks, zo could start building this beauty. Most parts came out of my shed. A black Tioga seatpost and new BB are on the way.
In stead of the Suntour parts that were original on it, I put black period correct XT parts on it as it suits the non-original fork. The headset is still XC Pro, but I think I will change it to XT. Also am looking for a black XT seatpost. So it will be all black. In the future I might even keep my eyes open for some black XT hubs. That would be lovely!

This is it for now. Will take this one to the 3th Dutch Retro-ride on the 11th of September. Hopefully full black XT by then! :p

GroteFoto-BAB3YGJ3.jpg

GroteFoto-IWCGX88E.jpg

GroteFoto-6QYVXTYV.jpg

GroteFoto-4TCLR8KK.jpg

GroteFoto-OXPU87BE.jpg

GroteFoto-PPFCHOND.jpg

GroteFoto-CRSVLT3Q.jpg

GroteFoto-GVX6N7AP.jpg

GroteFoto-UHFGIEUF.jpg

GroteFoto-VRFIEFVO.jpg

really rather cool, love the colour and I had black xt on my stumpy and it rocks- what was the difference with a pro, I had a comp- was it just groupset?

Rod_Saetan":22h2d4vn said:
Cool colour scheme, and they are nice riding frames, but needs different canti hangers Bart.

Think so? I want them to be black. What canti hangers do you suggest?

I also got these black Suntour hangers:

DSC02869.jpg

Those any better?

clockworkgazz":20yd9385 said:
really rather cool, love the colour and I had black xt on my stumpy and it rocks- what was the difference with a pro, I had a comp- was it just groupset?

I think it was. The Pro had a (near) complete Suntour Pro groupset. The Comp had half XT, half Specialized own parts. According to the catalogue.

The BB just arrived, so the drivetrain is finished now. Just waiting for the seatpost to arrive! :?

Finished the Stumpy today! Did not change the canti-hangers (sorry Rod ;) ). The only thing that I want to change in the future is the headset. Will keep my eyes open for a 1" threaded XT headset!

Will have the specs list later this evening!

Here are the pics:

GroteFoto-NEEOY4AI.jpg

GroteFoto-O6L3SZG8.jpg

GroteFoto-RYXRIVXU.jpg

GroteFoto-86KPEN3T.jpg

GroteFoto-J8KVLS6I.jpg

GroteFoto-VBFBUPMI.jpg

GroteFoto-PQLAV6GK.jpg

GroteFoto-NRNSQYP3.jpg

GroteFoto-IYKZX43C.jpg

GroteFoto-NFSOLDJW.jpg

GroteFoto-ZSRBWVK6.jpg