ride with Wu-Tangled in the South of France

24pouces

BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
rBotM Winner
PoTM Winner
What a good news ! I received a Wu-Tangled's PM in the last week of June : "Sorry 24", I couldn't be in your retrobike meeting in France, but I would take some hollydays near Toulouse and the Pyrénées !"
Great !!! :D :D :D :D :D

So, some exchanges with PM and mails, and we decided for an appointment near the Montbel Lake, this last sunday, around 10 o'clock.
All were in a good way : we are in summer with beautifull weather, the landscape are beautifull, and a lot of tracks I know for happy trails !
A very cool flat road with trees to Mirepoix for our wifes, and I choosed a funny track for Wu-Tangled and his CX bike (Turning around the Montbel Lake would be a bit aggressive for his new amazing wheels).
:cool:

So.
It's sunday 17. I waked up. I open the window : a very rainy rainy rainy weather. I tried to phone to Wu-Tangled but… nothing.
After a good breakfast (very important !!!) we decided with my girl friend, to go to the appointment, under the rain.
Rain, rain, mud, mud, rain… We arrived in the medieval village of Camon, so beautifull with colored flowers… but all was grey this day :LOL:

We wait around half an hour. French road are not so easy… and we saw… (not the sun) but a white Berlingo with the driver in the bad side ( seating in the right side of the car).
Hello ! Hello ! … He parked the car, open the rear door. An Ali Baba Cavern with very beautifull bikes in it. His wife and him were ready to ride, and begun to prepar the bike.
Wu-Tangled bring his new amazing wheel and look them. is face changed…

"Is there a problem ?"
"Yes…
:oops:

I forgot the skewers………"

He said me that Ed and Mister Kawa would agreed : Wu-Tangled always forgot something ! :LOL:

So, Mr and Mrs Wu-Tangled drove to Mirepoix, Mr and Mrs 24" rode to Mirepoix… and we have a funny good lunch, speaking about… retrobikes !
But, the sun began to appear, and we decided to take another appointment for an happy trail… next year ;)

It was a pleasure for meeting them !
And don't worry : next year, I will bring some skewers in my bag ! :LOL:

Ps : Wu tangled said to me to write the story ! :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I think you got off lightly, he would only have made you carry his gloves, then change his socks 17 times...

I was going to write something both insightful and pithy about yet another 'Wu-Episode'. However one emoticon sums it all up....

:facepalm:

Oh I laughed at this Pierre =Icould just picture it.

One day we will come in your direction with our camper and I'll be sure to remember skewers!

:facepalm:

So true ! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

For resuming : riding with Wu : skewers and socks in the bag !! :D

mrkawasaki":1eddolsq said:
'Dipstick'... or, according to Google Translate - 'Jaugeur'... :roll: ;)
The good french translation is… "idiot" :LOL:

Back