Drumlanrig planning thread!

I reckon if you take the backroads from the campsite you could ride your bike right into the estate missing out the guardhouse altogether. I'll start studying maps in case this is a viable plan ;)

Velo, If you are heading down around Saturday teatime, I could pick you up, I'll be leaving the Dee just after 3 pm (ish).

velomaniac":rqd4ypmy said:
I reckon if you take the backroads from the campsite you could ride your bike right into the estate missing out the guardhouse altogether. I'll start studying maps in case this is a viable plan ;)

thats the sort of thing i'd expect from the weegies ,but not a gent from the east

Thanks for the offer of a lift TK but as I'm staying the Sunday night as well I'd have to make alternative arrangements to get back unless any of the campers are willing to transport me. I'll get back to you TK ;)

As for sneaking in, well we have the right to responsible access under Scotlands right to roam laws. You could get a wee go at the trails before the ride proper if you enter through the southern gates. I'll probably pay up to be honest but its just a thought.

Drum

^^^^
Guys you dont have to pay if you ride in with your bikes!! Also if you want to drive then just after you drive over the sandstone bridge when you enter the estate from the A76 there is space on the right hand side where the bike trails end and you can park there for free just fine and ride into the main grounds of the estate.

Cheers

Greig. :cool:

'D' (Drum) day is nearly upon us, have we got any idea of numbers for the event and for the Penpont Camping.
I'll be scooting down for about lunchtime on Saturday, who can I expect to join me.
Anystuff we should bring other than the common sense stuff.
Any last minute plans.
This threads gone awfully quiet this close to our big day ;)

Im totally dependent on finding transport.I could take a train but it drops me off about 8mls from where i think you will all be :?

Im out :roll:

Back