KMC X9 Light Chain (Gold) Anyone used one ?

I'm using the 9 sp chains on a few bikes... Work fine just as a chain should, never had any probs with them. The only thing I would say is that I only weigh 9 st so I'm never going to really put it near it's stress limits lol.

I've used the X9, X9L, X9SL and X10SL all without problems, admittedly they have not done a huge number of miles but shift as well as Shimano on both Shimano and SRAM groupset mixes.

... and before you accuse me of following the trend to 10 speed, the X10SL is used on a 9 speed set up for lightness - apparently X11SL will work on 9 speed for even more lighteness but they are mega £££ at the moment.

I purchased all my KMC chians from Taiwan, about 1/2 price of what they are sold for in UK.

BobCatMax":2xqlcoum said:
skinny, ta very much :D i can see this weeks pocket money dwindling fast :LOL:

hehe im squirrelling away some of my tax return so I can finish my Marin and Mountain Cycle a bit quicker, my eBay list is about 4 pages long at the moment!!

I use the KMC X9SL and shifts brilliantly on an SRAM cassette. Used them on two bikes now and about to get another for my Pace rebuild.

Dear but I usually get them through a mate who works at a bike shop so pay about 18.

yes, i have one on my 'summer' bike... I keep it pretty clean, but it seems to pick up less dust than others and the Ti Nitride doesn't squeak when it gets a bit too dry.

Will just add to the positive reviews...I have the gold 9spd on one bike and it's been used day in and out in all conditions and with regular cleaning/lubing has held up really well

Ive ordered one of these for my Marin build, although I have a Wipperman Connex on my Proflex and i cannot fault it one bit, its had over a year nearly of wet muddy and gritty conditions and with cleaning after every harsh ride has been awesome.

I have used them in the past. Wear well, shift nice and a good weight but i found them prone to snapping. Also seam a little more chainsuck prone in wet/muddy conditions. All in all a solid 7/10.
I'm now using Dura-Ace/XTR chains. Very reliable but the joining method is dumb ass. Use Sram powerlinks instead.

Si

Back