Faggin Womans NOS + Campagnolo (finished at last)

Lazarus

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Thought some of you might like a peek at the wifes bike, A NOS Womans Faggin import from Holland kitted with 90's Chorus/Athena and 70's Record brakes/Mirage STI's.

Took delivery of the frame about 3 months ago, and have been working tirelessly finding the best bits I could that brought the best out in the frame. It was a close run issue to fit a mixed bag of Campagnolo on this beauty, instead of a Full Groupset, but alas the bike was awkward to make because:

A) my wife wanted it to ride & be comfortable on

B) because of the frame itself.

It was due to be fitted with a 1971 3arm chrome chainset, and completed with a Grans Sport Groupset. The wife however couldn't use the brake levers very well, and since this trashed the group idea, I went for the STI's instead, which brought out the Chorus/Athena I had.

Problem was the brake reach. I don't know if "long reach" Chorus even exist, but a set I have on another bike where too short, so eventually opted for the Record. Sort of spoilt the effect, but alas until I find chorus Long Reach, they are there to stay.

I have found this bike tricky to balance because of the era differences, but think in the end, following wifeys instructions lead to an all round better looking bike, albeit, a more expensive 1. The hardest part to source was the 26.6 first gen Chorus Seatpost. 26.8/26.4 seemed abundant, but finally patience paid off and a 26.6 finished the bike completely.

All thoughts welcome. yours Laz.

Frame: Columbus unknown

Fork: Columbus unknown

Headset: Campagnolo Chorus
Stem: Cinelli
Handlebar: Cinelli Eubios
Bar Tape: Halfords own brand

Brake Levers/Brifters: Campagnolo Mirage STI's
Brake Calipers: Campagnolo Record
Brake Pads: Campagnolo Record
Brake Cables: Halfords own brand

Shifters: Campagnolo irage Sti's
Front Derailleur: Campagnolo Chorus/Athena
Rear Derailleur: Campagnolo Chorus/Athena
Derailleur Cables: Halfords own brand
Cassette: Regina Corsa
Chain: 99 ?
Cranks: Campagnolo Chorus
Chainrings: Campagnolo Chorus
Bottom Bracket: Campagnolo Chorus
Pedals: Campagnolo Chorus

Rims: Mavic ma40
Hubs: Campagnolo Record
Hub Skewers: Campagnolo Record
Nipples: unknown
Spokes: Stainless Steel DB
Tyres: Vittoria Rubino
Tubes: unknown

Saddle: San Marco Rolls
Seatpost: Campagnolo Chorus
Seatpost Binder: Campagnolo

Bottle Cage: none
Extras: Pump "Italy Corsa"

Weight: approx 9.5 kg - 10kg

Attachments

• DSCF4169.JPG
    DSCF4169.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 1,624
another angle

EDIT: This shot shows the rear brake shoes and pads as a later model, but the originals have been fitted since the pics where taken. Sorry if this causes any confusion to anyone.

Like I say in the main post "this kicked and screamed a lot during the build" yours Laz.

Attachments

• DSCF4165.JPG
    DSCF4165.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 1,620
Cheers Ian, glad you liked it :) It feels like I gave birth to this instead of just built it, it kicked and screamed a few times, but I stuck with it. Laz.

Absolutely beautifull ladies bike :) Your wife should be happy with a man like you.

Now hoping she won't start complaining about balance in era differences :LOL:

Back