Hope front adaptor brake thingy[Calling TK]

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Picked up one of these hope brakes,like the No2 for the rear but for the front :) .
I do believe theKen has one fitted[SKYE] ,anything i need to know about them ? Horrible to find clamps or things :?

I swore i'd stay of the C2's :LOL:

is it one of these andy >

a528e85f.jpg

i have a 3dv ti-glide on a mavic 121 ceramic rim for the above brake spare ;)

If I remember right, you'll need 2 clamps that are normally used to hold those cheap ebay rear lights to a seatpost, an old chainring that you'll hacksaw into a supporting bracket, and TK's complete disregard for personal safety.

big.eck":30uxssni said:
is it one of these andy >

a528e85f.jpg
Its that one indeed,only difference appears to be the leg clamp being black.

As lovely as that may be Eck,im inundated with wheels :LOL:

Brake has arrived along with the rear and they look ok,cosmetically at least.The front has the clamp for the leg but little else,i seem to remember TK;s had more bits :D .
I now more than tempted to put these on the Rudy to see how it all looks,bit of a mix of colours but that was always the way :?

The internals are an unknown at the mo,the pistons seem to be doing their thing and by that i mean ,sitting proud,one side moving more than the other so i guess theyre in need of a service and new seals.More expense but its worth it for C2's, especially the early stuff :cool:
The rear looks to be the earliest model as its missing the extra section for the torque arm thingy,i guess its meant to fit onto using a similar clamp to the front.

I think ill seek advice on doing these or talk someone into doing it for me my servicing experience with them is hit or miss,some are beyond my ken and need the skills of Eck to decide whether its worth doing or best leave well alone and see how they fair in use :? maybe a bit of heat through them would help free things up.
Levers look in pretty good condition,few scrapes from being sat upside down but overall theyre good and im quite chuffed with my latest project :D

Some pics -

Attachments

• Hope Brakes 011 (Large).jpg
    Hope Brakes 011 (Large).jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 353
  • Hope Brakes 002 (Large).jpg
    Hope Brakes 002 (Large).jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 353
they're far too modern for me Dyna, they use fluid, mine are cable and use a different mount, but the leg bracket looks the same, they come in different sizes for different forks but you can pad them out to fit like I do, if they are for older pace forks you need a spacer with a step in it to match the leg.

mine has a tapered washer andy , it's about 4mm thick at one side and 1mm at the other , it only fits the pace forks as above in my pic :cool:

some strips of rubber that you get with lights brackets would do the trick tho ;)

Back