1982 Koga Miyata Roadchamp

Herera

Retro Newbie
Hi

I am new to this forum and here's one of my bikes.
It is a original (like new!)1982 Koga Miyata Roadchamp completely assembled with Shimano Adamas groupset, Only de cranckset is Shimano 600 (FC-6200) This bike has aerodynamic influences, such as Aero brake levers, aerodynamic pump and bottle. The bike is completely original and purchased from his first owner (age of 76 years now) it has a IKU CycloTronic 1st generation bike computer from 1983. Award winning in design, 28 years old and the battery still runs. Gets its energy from a revolutionary magnetic ring in the front wheel. Total distance of 750 km is still stored in its memory after 15 years hidden in the shed. Frame size is 56cm. Nice detail is the integrated index shifting in rear derailleur.

Please look at the pictures in following link:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1011545845 ... directlink

Hi Herera,

Nice example you have there. I've had the frame and some parts, not the full RoadChamp :roll: I were collecting my Pro Am and when at the address the man took me took the attic of an old barn and asked me whether I as collector had use for the RoadChamp. It was his 1st bike from when he started riding with his club. He treated it with a lot care, as the frame looked spotless.

The Pro Am is now the bike I ride most miles on. The incomplete RoadChamp went to a friend. Had I one like yours I would probably have kept it.

The RoadChamp with left the Pro Am >>

468527684_f1b257c5b1_z.jpg

Thanks!

Elev12k, Shame that this bike was not complete, it seems this is not the original chrome fork. By the way, there are beautiful bikes in the background, are those all yours? A Koga Miyata Pro Am, seems a rare bike to me, I can not find this one in the brochures, from what year is it? Incidentally, I have a Capri Sonne FullPro race bike from 1981, which I will post here soon.

Herera":8rl6dy8h said:
Thanks!

Elev12k, Shame that this bike was not complete, it seems this is not the original chrome fork. By the way, there are beautiful bikes in the background, are those all yours? A Koga Miyata Pro Am, seems a rare bike to me, I can not find this one in the brochures, from what year is it? Incidentally, I have a Capri Sonne FullPro race bike from 1981, which I will post here soon.

The RoadChamp frame has the same fork, but chromed. 'KM' on top crown. Possibly an upgrade the initial owner ordered.

On the Pro Am: you can view it in the 1984 catalogue as frame only offering. The 3rd bike in the pic is an interesting FullPro-L example. It is not like the bike shown in the catalogue or the other FullPro-L's I've seen. Some details are FullPro-L typical, while some arent't, e.g. horizontal drop outs, no chrome under paint... There is a name on top the bottom bracket shell: Vd Meer. I don't know of a Capri Sonne or IJsboercke rider with the name Vd Meer, but that it is a custom job is for sure. It is a nicely riding fast and light bike. The cranks are interesting too btw: look like DynaDrives, but with conventional fitting.

This or something alike you absolutely won't encounter in any catalogue:

4080613974_b86938be0e_b.jpg

All cables run internally. Brake cable leaves through post! 63mm shell width :? Shifters on top DT, low profile stays, aero crown - anyway quite a lot aero influences on this according to the serial 1977 frame.

By coincidence my former Koga Gents Racer is this week in my shed. It now belongs to my son, which uses it with grat pleasure. What a nice bikes they were, Those Koga's. :LOL:

2s19cap.jpg

Back