MTB Routes : Bradford

Nigel777

Devout Dirtbag
Hello all,

I thought I would start a post on some routes in Bradford as it seems to have been left out.

West Wood - Apperley Bridge / Greengates / Calverley

http://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/en/our- ... ?wood=4700

This wood runs through the three villages above and is on the border of leeds and bradford.

I tend to do a circuit of the woods, however within the woods there is something for everyone if you can find it. There are even some jumps in one place. Most of it is under the cover of trees (one of the largest areas of woodland cover in the aire valley according to the website). Apparently there are two natural springs in the woods (of which I have only found one).

What makes it even better is that it is right next to the Leeds - Liverpool canal at one point so you can cycle from there if you don't want to take your car (although there is ample parking at both ends). You can also join it on to other local routes via the Canal such as: Esholt, Buck Wood, Dawson Wood etc.

The only thing to watch out for really is dogs (and rarely horses). Also in one section it tends to get very muddy when it rains so mud tyres can be an advantage.

Lastly there are lots of pubs within walking distance of the route. (the stansfield arms is very good for food).

Nearby (towards shipley) is Buck Wood and Dawson Wood (about 2.5 miles along the canal). I see plenty of mountain bikers in there so if anyone has a route I would be interested to see.

I will see about recording a route tonight.

trails

thanks for the heads up. I must discover this area on a bike rather than blasting through in a van. I can pick up the canal quite localy. I will look into it. Cheers

Do look delta cleats work with spd sl shoes

My local playground too that...fancy hooking up some time for a razz round?

Do you ever get up st ives estate too in bingley...cracking there.

I quite often ride and run around round woods which is on the pudsey link bridlepath.

a razz round sounds good.

usually free for a ride sundays and during the week a couple of times.
send me a message when you are free (sorry for late reply).

I've been as far as the top of 5 rise locks. would be interested in going further along if its nice.

shipley glen is nice too (they have an ice cream van at top :D )

No worries i deffo will mate.

Not much past 5 rise i know of. There is a short downhill track at east riddlesden but the one in st ives is great....

I quite like the area around shipley glen especially the trails there too.....then up over baildon moor.

I'll deffo drop you a pm when the bike is up and running again soon

Back