Mystery Kalkhoff

Concept_3

Dirt Disciple
Hey I recently purchased this bike from ebay for the princely sum of £30 :D
He (the 'Hoff) is currently serving as as my railway station hack/beater however my love of restoring old cars seems to have grown into a desire to do bikes too...

So I was wondering, does anyone know anything about Kalkhoff bikes? or what model or how old this may be?
There are remains of a model name on the toptube but it is totally beyond me as to what it may have said (see pictures). The frame number is: 153817

P7270090.jpg

P7270091.jpg

P7270093.jpg

P7270092.jpg

P7270095.jpg

Frame: Kalkhoff ???
Forks: I think original and they apear to have the remains of the word Kalkhoff written down each fork
Bars: ?
Stem: has the initials SR

Brake Levers: cheap no brands
Front Calipers: Weinmann
Shifter: Simplex
Rear Mech: Sach Huret

Sadle: Says made in Italy but no makers mark visible

Cranks: Silstar
Chainring(s): 48 touth
Chain: unknown
Cassette: unknown
Pedals:
Bottom Bracket:

Front Wheel: ?
Rim:
Spokes:
Hub:
Tube:
Tire: Michelin World tour

Back Wheel:
Rim:
Spokes:
Hub: Mailard
Tyre: not sure, knobly and came with the bike, will be replaced with a Michelin world tour in due course.

Awsome thankyou, Looking at the few scraps of lettering visible I think you must be right :D

Its great fun, predictably slower than my new road bike and the down tube shifter is taking some getting used to. but I love being able to move along at a decent pace whilst still coping with tow paths etc if the mood takes me!

I have just bought one on ebay because I want to do some cycling on the road rather than on my mountain bike. Is yours any good?

Attachments

• coupe du monde.jpg
    coupe du monde.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 3,341
Back