My first "name this frame" thread!!

Quite widely used mech hanger. I've seen it on Claud Butlers and Ralieghs. I believe they are also used on various KHS, Coyote, Muddy Fox and DiamondBacks too.

The rear dropout casting looks very much like that used on a Claud Butler I've repaired recently.

It looks to be early to mid 2000's so I'll move this to the 'Bike Chat 1998 -->'

Yeah hanger is generic too

Could be a handsome dog - mrs bike has similar dropouts with the cutout bits

drystonepaul":6n0slwqb said:
Quite widely used mech hanger. I've seen it on Claud Butlers and Ralieghs. I believe they are also used on various KHS, Coyote, Muddy Fox and DiamondBacks too.

The rear dropout casting looks very much like that used on a Claud Butler I've repaired recently.

It looks to be early to mid 2000's so I'll move this to the 'Bike Chat 1998 -->'

No problem. I put it in the retro section because of the kit that was on it but I'm happy to be proved wrong. :)

Rob Atkin":3hukrjcx said:
No problem. I put it in the retro section because of the kit that was on it but I'm happy to be proved wrong. :)

Me too! I think the likelihood of it being pre 98 is pretty minimal due to the rear disc mounts.
After having a bit of an internet trawl I reckon I'd add Dawes and Carrera to the list of possibles too.

Interested to hear what your initial thoughts were on the ID...?

I really did think it was an early ish Merlin frame, but one of the better ones, due to the weight. I've seen the design before and I'm pretty sure, especially after some googling, that it isn't a Carrera.

Had a saracen rufftrax at work today with the same dropouts
Didnt have the bit at the bb junction though :?

Looks exactly like the malt 1 I bough direct from merlin, aside from the quirky down tube/bb junction. As I said, plenty of these on eBay, I think one has a buy it now of about £90, so not a bso.

Back