Show me your Attitude

With Carsten on this one. Why the hell would you want to ride it just for the sake of it.

It's his equivalent of a museum piece.

Would you sit on a rare, old fragile chair and risk breaking it just because it's a chair - and therefore meant to be sat on...?

Let people do want they want with their possesions.

They aren't harming anyone and I don't see why people feel the need to express in public how opinionated they are - especially when the owner isn't rubbing their thoughts in peoples faces - merely divulging information and sharing a mutual (think that's what we're about here?) appreciation.

cchris2lou":1d3et54z said:
I will never own a garage queen , but it is great to have people like you who keep those beauties in NOS conditions .

I am sure you have plenty more bikes to ride and that you enjoy riding those bikes as much as looking at those NOS ones . :D

yes, i do have 3 bikes which i ride regularly (2 of them since 11 years).

IMG_2840.jpg

the NOS ones are no garage queens. they are all in da house ;)

merry christmas to all of you :)

carsten

notice the smiley in my post - :LOL: - this indicates i was having a laugh,you know a joke? pulling your leg :roll: never mind.

stew-b":13ei1wdu said:
notice the smiley in my post - :LOL: - this indicates i was having a laugh,you know a joke? pulling your leg :roll: never mind.

uh, ok. got it now. thought you were laughing about me being so dumb to not ride such a nice bike... would have understood better had you used that smiley ;) never mind

;)

Carsten

dumb and carsten in the same sentence when talking about kleins aint never gonna happen,i seriously doubt there is anyone on this planet who knows more about kleins than you do ;) have a good christmas :)

Carsten":yd8r18rr said:
like most protos it was not meant to be ridden. it is likely not heat treated and thus wouldn't last long if ridden. so what shall i do now, just trash it? shouldn't have aquired it in first place? i need your suggestions, come on surprise me for once...

Carsten

Not for the first time I agree with Mr Carsten. That is a rare beast . Like buying a limited edition super car. The new Lamborghini is 1-20. 1 is in the factory. The rest spread very thinly. With one to the UK. If i was lucky enough to own that car. Could i drive it round London ?? Like f**k i could/would. I would drive it on a track on nice on summer days then in the air con home for it. That very sweet klein in the picture is a rare one. I would go round my garden on it. But other wise kept safe. Plus Mr C has other Klein s to ride :D And i'm sure he does ride one some times.

if you put like that I understand but I guess the Maserati MC12 will see more if the circuit then my MC2 the dirt,... ;)

I used to ride tracks all the time untill 8 years ago,..now I like the retro looks and collect them,....

Carsten":26xqmrj1 said:
here's mine. it's very special (to me) and very close to my heart. one of 2 or 3 prototypes of the MC2 Attitude series, built in 1993. it has the ZipGrip seat post clamp and the MC2 is different to the later production models too. it also is a nice blend of MC1 era features like the cable entry and exit holes and chain stays but already has MC2 era features like gradient tubes (the frame is much lighter than an MC1 frame), micro drop outs etc.

the other one i am aware of is in Gary Klein's collection and is the one in the 1994 catalog.

Carsten

IMG_3222.jpg

IMG_3220.jpg

wonderfull. absolutely wonderfull.

You want pictures of a 1990 team america klein attitude?
No problem : there's mine :
dsc0025aj0.jpg

dsc0026np3.jpg

dsc0027fv0.jpg

dsc0024er1.jpg

dsc0034eg3.jpg

dsc0021ox9.jpg

dsc0019os3.jpg

dsc0032ej2.jpg

dsc0033hk1.jpg

duovk0.jpg

Back