Kona Lava Dome 1989/1990

hi glosbiker,ive been searching for a pair of at-4`s for some time ,will you be selling them??
cheers johnb.

Attachments

• back o skiddaw,lost!.jpg
    back o skiddaw,lost!.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 2,471
retrobikeguy":3kdjxevy said:
Russell":3kdjxevy said:
I'm toying with the idea of collecting a couple of Konas from 1990 'cos I like the paint jobs so much.

Snap - have been considering a konasplatterlineup collection myself, they are cool looking and it would be great to see em all together :cool:

Yep, exactly what I was thinking. I got Mamadirts 1990 Fire Mountain this week and I was going to singlespeed it and abuse it over the winter but in all honesty, even though its a bottom of the range frame made from girders, it's lovely, I just want to hang it on a wall and stare at it.

Brilliant, brilliant paint job.

I know what you mean :oops: , its shameful almost, but you never know - it may be the last one you ever see in such good nick :)

Scott AT4 bars

JohnB,

Yes I was going to sell the bars although I have to point out that the black plastic coating has largely flaked off.

Ok you guys, you're making me feel guilty about even contemplating respraying the thing. Perhaps this weekend I'll see what I can do about derusting and patching her up: the biggest problem is inside the the front forks at the top and the inside of the chainstay behind the bottom bracket. Both areas have no paint at all now due to years of running fattie mud tyres over clay with flints.

Here's a better pic of the beast:

Attachments

• DSCF1453.JPG
    DSCF1453.JPG
    199.2 KB · Views: 2,445
My brother had an identical kona, with XC4's. got the bike respayed withe the Klein Pink, White and green colour, looked sweet, i remember getting nearly beaten up cuz i borrowd it. i had a pair of XC 4 Pros for my gt, looked wiered but did help on the flat downhils.

Back