Pemrokeshire......am I in the right place?

misteroo

Retrobike Rider
Kona Fan
Off to St Davids from the 27th August for 7days. Will be taking my bike so hoping to get a bit of riding in! Anyone in the area to show me around.............if I can escape the wife and kids for a few hours!!!

:D

I'm not in the area but i'm told the Precselli Mountains are awesome.
Also the Pembrokeshire coastal path has nice riding and awesome views, but watch out the them walkers, the aggressive ones wear red socks i'm told :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Yeah, walked the path a few times, and it is pretty awesome. Can't wait to cyle along it.

OS map

Hi
I live in the area but not sure if I'm about at the time (moving jobs to a local College and all that)
Get an OS map as loads of trails over the Preseli hills (mountains is pushing it a bit, although my wife insists they are; she's local from birth...)
If you're looking at the hills, start and finish at Rosebush, as a great pub and tea shop there (seperate business') and big car park. They have also just opened a walking/cycling/horse riding area in what was (and will be again) forsetry area close to the car park; follow the unmade road through the old quarry.
Careful riding the coast path as it's walkers only...
There is a growing website: http://www.thewayoutwest.co.uk/category/mountain_biking that details some good riding in the county by locals.
Although Pembs is mainly frequented by roadies, mountain biking is VERY slowly growing.
Give me a shout when you're here and I'll see if me, my PACE and my mate, on his 'modern' are able to meet up; even if only for an evening ride/natter/beer. PM me and I'll send you my mobile number
Pete :D

There's more...

How could I forget, there's also Caniston Woods (no relation to the cream...) near Blue Stone and Oakwood and the extensive oak woods surrounding the Cleddau Estuary (my stomping ground).
You could drop off the wife and kids for a swin at Blue Stone or Oakwood for a play in the themepark and go off for a ride in the woods without them; great trails for you and they will be entertained too!
There's also a maze of great barely used roads, if you want to 'get the miles in...' :D :D :D

misteroo":24ei1w68 said:
Off to St Davids from the 27th August for 7days. Will be taking my bike so hoping to get a bit of riding in! Anyone in the area to show me around.............if I can escape the wife and kids for a few hours!!!

:D

Shame I didn't notice this at the time, too busy pedalling people around in the pedicab, but it does ask a good question and one that I'm keen to develop within my website - pembrokeshirecycletours.co.uk- (live from xmas) with an aim to create a group to promote mtb'ing in Pembs.
So if you live in or visiting Pembs please get in touch and together we maybe able to take an idea into reality. cheers joe.

pembrokeshirecycletours.co.uk

Hi Joe

I'm interested in anything to do with MTBing in West Wales. I also have a riding partner who lives very close by; we usually ride together

I'm based in Hook, my mate is based in Rosemarket. I work at the College in Haverfordwest, he works in Neyland

I hope the business has survived the terrible summer we've all had! Let's look forward to a better August onwards; certainly today's weather is fantastic! :shock:

Back