Which brands would you say offered the best value bikes?

We just got the mrs a 1k hardtail on cyclescheme . Did loads (I mean loads) of research and testing and talking to shops.

We came away with a cube ltd race by FAR the best value

daj":ndu8dn4j said:
We just got the mrs a 1k hardtail on cyclescheme . Did loads (I mean loads) of research and testing and talking to shops.

We came away with a cube ltd race by FAR the best value
Yup, I think only the Boardman can beat it for VFM

We're looking to move some of our eggs from having all our eggs in a Cube shaped basket and diversify our brands, thing is Cube make all other available brands look poor VFM in comparison

What a tough choice!
I thought you meant what you did with teh list you gave - same as everyone else
Thats what i meant with the exclusivity, but as you say it generally means more money

What are fuji like? (if your not already on your lists! :oops: )

kaiser":1553il06 said:
What is your current range?
Claud Butler and Cube, we've just started stocking Ridley road bikes, but we're looking into the MTB side of things

There is a german brand that do cheap bikes which are good value for money but i cant remember the name!
They keep their bikes cheap by inly doing one bike per application
(1 DH bike, 1Xc bike etc.)

kaiser":25ps5k7r said:

The reason I ask is I think you have the VFM bit covered with Cube, adding Focus for instance wouldn't really be diversifying. Lapierre or Commencal would compliment Cubes racy VFM image.

cyfa2809":132jrrgs said:
What a tough choice!
I thought you meant what you did with teh list you gave - same as everyone else
Thats what i meant with the exclusivity, but as you say it generally means more money

What are fuji like? (if your not already on your lists! :oops: )
Indeed, quite a toughie

The list is what other dealers within 2-3 miles stock.

I'd love to get Orange in, but our customer base wouldn't buy them, just too expensive for 99.9% of them

The Fuji's I've seen were mid range £300 bikes, not that good really

It's the £500-£1k hardtails and upto £2k (mostly upto £1500) full suss bikes that currently sell

kaiser":3jg61anz said:
kaiser":3jg61anz said:

The reason I ask is I think you have the VFM bit covered with Cube, adding Focus for instance wouldn't really be diversifying. Lapierre or Commencal would compliment Cubes racy VFM image.
I'm looking into both those brands as well as Saracen

Most of our riders are XC/trail based, quite a lot of our MTB's don't even get to see a proper trail, just light off road usage now & again.

Back