Giant ATX2

Garth

Retro Newbie
Hi Guys,

Names Dai, used to be into DH big time a few years ago, but gave it up as my back decided to give me jipp.

Anyway dug out my old ATX2 the other day. Just got the frame and the old RST forks. All the bearings are dead and I cant find the end caps. Noticed Betd still do them so I'm toying with the idea of restoring it. Still got the AC chain device, but everything else has been used on other bikes.

Does anyone know if you can still get the 8'' rocker arms? I think I need a mech hanger too. Which one was it?

I've got a Fox shock somewhere (not the RC) so I may slot that in. It'll be a slow project as I currently do rallying but I'd like to get it back up to scratch.

Here's some pics....

I cant post pics of it until I make 5 posts..... Doh

Any tips etc would be much help.

Nice. A few of my mates had the green\blue bikes.

I remember the random spec that come on the bikes. Both had the same crappy cable disc brakes though.

I had like a Zoom stem, and it had shitty magura disc brakes on it that boiled on every dh.

5 posts nearly there..... :D

I had a look at a few on google pics.

Unfortunately she's just a frame at the moment. I'll restore he as and when I can afford it. 1st propper dh bike I had. Think I payed £350 off a mate about 10 years ago.

Back