Which brands would you say offered the best value bikes?

It is not a new bike for me.

What I'm really asking is for your help in narrowing down the options as the LBS that I work in is thinking of adding more brands to it's range, rather than having just the one high quality brand, hence no 'own brand' bikes ;)

Think of it as your chance to have a say in what a LBS stocks

cyfa2809":35shkeq6 said:
Hmm thats a toughie
Its a really really competitive range!

Giant are pretty good for value

Other LBSs in the area stock

Giant
Scott
Specialized
Trek
Merida
Kona
Mongoose
GT
Bianchi

cyfa2809":1fw43vh5 said:
Yeah thats pretty much it
Were you thinking of something a bit less well known/exclusive?
There are other brands that are being considered, Focus, Ghost, Lapierre...

Less well known is OK, more exclusive means more expensive generally, which might not suit our regular customers that well.

Our best selling bikes are hardtails under £1k & full sussers under £1500, occasionally we sell higher end bikes, but not that often & usually it's an online sale for the higher end stuff

if i were your boss i think i would be thinking about getting on board with one of the big, well known brands. trek, specialized or whatever. just might get people through the door.

having said that i guess how these big companies operate and the demands they may place on shops will have something to do with the decision.

there are a lot of people out there who will buy a big brand because they have heard of it (and their mates will recognise it and "know" it's cool)

lewis1641":13d8joji said:
if i were your boss i think i would be thinking about getting on board with one of the big, well known brands. trek, specialized or whatever. just might get people through the door.

having said that i guess how these big companies operate and the demands they may place on shops will have something to do with the decision.

there are a lot of people out there who will buy a big brand because they have heard of it (and their mates will recognise it and "know" it's cool)
Can't do Spesh, Trek or any of the other brands I listed a few posts ago

Latest posts

Back