CUBE or GHOST instead of UK or USA mtb's?

Ar yes, singletrack packed fun day

FluffyChicken":29asjedq said:
Steph, Just in case you hadn't twigged, Andy above (at JC Cook cycles) you already know him and you've ridden with him (came to the Old Railway Tunnel with us)

YES, I wonder if he has unearthed a 16" YET? Also I'm somewhere near Grimsby 2mrw (29th JUN) and the 1st JUL.

Of course, how silly of me. Come to think of it I remember a conversation about, CUBE FULL SUSPENSION bikes, because your mate ANDY works at JC COOK Grimsby.

Well at that point I hadn't seen a CUBE (Or GHOST), only in magazines (Believe accounts of something YOU DON'T HAVE, but scorn favourable reviews of complete rubbish YOU DO HAVE) so you know me Ben, how sceptical I can be of apparent good news (This is FULL OF ...., yes well).

NOW, I have seen one (Well a few), very impressed (Not just some round tubesets cobbled together by ET and family), very elegant frames.

Look as nice as Lapierre, which again I had only read about until I saw them at welovemountains.com (Above ROCKCITY).

Any Ben, onto retro matters, do you still have those wrap around bars?
Like barends, but all the way, durango? Or something like that, your handlebars had to be a certain width, or something, I very vaguely remember you having them on a nice ROCKY MOUNTAIN ALTITUDE (Or maybe just an Orange?)

We don't currently have any full suspension Cube's in 16" in stock, 18" & 20" yup, but no 16's sorry.

OK, didn't think so. Still 16"........

Andy B":14gvf20p said:
We don't currently have any full suspension Cube's in 16" in stock, 18" & 20" yup, but no 16's sorry.

Aw, I wanted to get my leg over a real good 16".

Still there is always "my bike", what about some good Shimano hydraulic brakes (Or Avid or something else decent, that doesn't cost the earth).

What HYDRAULIC BRAKE deals is COOK doing, you'd give the OK?

BEN, I bumped into an old friend today, he worked at ELLERKERS, for years & years, MATT I think, glasses, anyway he works for EVANS in YORK, these days.
They sell alot of different brands
Discounted Lapierre he was recommending, but the sales bikes are too big for me

All the same, all far east, nothing to do with USA or EU imho........ just decalls, good bikes, good price but no soul...... rant over ;)

Funnily enough, i have a cube AMS (PRO) and my mate has a ghost (£2300 jobby) both are brill bikes and we'd recomend them to anyone. We bth agree the cube acelerates and climbs better, where as the ghost is a plusher ride.

Well I have recently brought a Cube Ams 110 Pro, and I must say have been very impressed , allot of bike for the money and its a dream to thrash around ,I certainly wouldn't hesitate buying another.

some may find it a little bright, but I quite like it :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_1308.jpg
    IMG_1308.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 1,269
Re: CUBE & GHOST, I see why there are always in the MAGA

srands":2w72imnw said:
Of course comparisons could be made to the Orange 5, but who wants a retrospective colossus that looks like an 80's calculator.

HERESY!!! Stone him!

Back