1989 Fisher CR-7 Fusion Restoration

you rock!

great to see a project with bucket loads of personal time and effort and elbow grease :cool:

All that effort shows because its a stunner..A credit to you!

Wow, your attention to detail is second to none! Nice job! My only criticisms are the riser bars and the fork boots - lose them both. :oops:

Superb! That's a real good job. I thought you said you'd never done this before but that resto beats a number of seasoned experts efforts into a corner. Well done, you must be proud!

stumpjumper1990":2e0m7e4e said:
Great job! That is really beautifull! Perfect detailing and perfect finish! :shock: :cool:

I have 2 little comments: it needs a flat bar and a racing type saddle. Keep your eyes open for a Fisher Bulge bar and a Fisher saddle (or Avocet Racing).

It's a real inspiration to see this kind of work!! :p :p

Thanks for your compliment! :D
I wasn't sure if its worth doing this way as it is not genuine restoration but more like alternation.
But after finishing assembly I really like it and I am so glad that I made so much fuss about it.

Fisher bulge bar seems to be a must item for Fisher bike resto which I didn't know before.
Thanks for your input, I will look for it definitely.
For saddle, I actually have Selle Italia Turbo, too and I am wondering if Turbo will suite over the Avocet touring.
At the moment I am thinking to use the bike as recreation use with my son so Avocet seems to be good but I might change my mind as Turbo saddle or Avocet Racing are so sexy.

kingroon":2e0m7e4e said:
That is a real Beauty.. Inspiring me to get my CR7 frame out and do something with it! Like a full resto! :cool:

Thanks for your praise. :D
Oh yes, its very interesting to go through this hybrid frame - it can be time consuming but its really thrilling to work on this unusual frame set.
If you need, I can give you my water slide image data to order one from Simon, or other decal supplier.

slimjoe":2e0m7e4e said:
great to see a project with bucket loads of personal time and effort and elbow grease :cool:

All that effort shows because its a stunner..A credit to you!

Thaanksss... it is really rewarding to hear this. :D
It was no straight forward resto for me as a beginner.
Because the bike came from my friend, I really wanted to finish it very nice and special.
Also I am lucky to know this site as so many people helped me to go right avenue as well as helping me to source the parts otherwise it is difficult to come by!

mfh126":2e0m7e4e said:
Wow, your attention to detail is second to none! Nice job! My only criticisms are the riser bars and the fork boots - lose them both. :oops:

Many thanks for your positive comment. :D
Probably I was a bit too fussy even checking all the bolt tightening torque with torque wrench but I am glad that I didn't cut the corner.
Thanks about your input re bulge bar and fork boots - is it common to have forks without boots? Sorry I am still noob :oops:

pete_mcc":2e0m7e4e said:
Superb! That's a real good job. I thought you said you'd never done this before but that resto beats a number of seasoned experts efforts into a corner. Well done, you must be proud!

Oh, good evening Sir, thank you very much for your nice comment.
:D :cool:
Yes, it is my second mountain bike restoration.
I have worked on cars, both mechanical and body work as my hobby for some years so I kind of know how to go about it but I have little knowledge on these special bikes.
Help from you and people here have been real life saver as well as energizer to go through the process.
Big thanks to you :xmas-big-grin:

epic1400cs":2g5u75lu said:
mfh126":2g5u75lu said:

Many thanks for your positive comment. :D
Probably I was a bit too fussy even checking all the bolt tightening torque with torque wrench but I am glad that I didn't cut the corner.
Thanks about your input re bulge bar and fork boots - is it common to have forks without boots? Sorry I am still noob :oops:

Actually most retro forks had boots, but Manitou 1's did not. ;)

intrepid_04_124.jpg

mfh126":wwykua66 said:
Actually most retro forks had boots, but Manitou 1's did not. ;)
I see, it looks very cool without it :cool:
When I service the forks next time, I will remove them.
Thanks for the image!

felixdelrio":wwykua66 said:
Brilliant! Top job!
Oh, thank you very much. :D

That is a great job! Looks very cool :cool:

Your attention to detail is very commendable :D

It is very obvious from the finish that allot of time, effort and elbow grease has gone into it and it looks stunning :D :) :D

Concept_3":10fxbrra said:
Awsome job with that! very inspiring.
Interesting bike too, enjoy it.

Oh my god thank you very much for your comment. :)
I haven't managed to take it to substantial ride yet so I look forward to try it out in real nature trail soon!

Minty Sauce":10fxbrra said:
That is a great job! Looks very cool :cool:

Your attention to detail is very commendable :D

It is very obvious from the finish that allot of time, effort and elbow grease has gone into it and it looks stunning :D :) :D

Thanks!
Normally I can't continue one thing more than two months, easily getting bored, so it is amazing that I didn't abandoned the project ! :LOL:
People here have been great help and support for the project to keep it running :cool:

Back