Cadex - Single Speed Build

Looks nice! I got as far as pricing the laser cutting of the fork ends and did actually buy some 5083 5mm plate, but My Cadex project is otherwise on the back burner at the moment (other more pressing bikey issues). This comes close to making me want to get back onto it!

Was it just sandpaper and elbow grease? Were strippers involved? (steady on... ;)) How did you get it to this stage?

b

Bendo":315zq2vc said:
Looks nice! I got as far as pricing the laser cutting of the fork ends and did actually buy some 5083 5mm plate, but My Cadex project is otherwise on the back burner at the moment (other more pressing bikey issues). This comes close to making me want to get back onto it!

Was it just sandpaper and elbow grease? Were strippers involved? (steady on... ;)) How did you get it to this stage?

b

I sanded the frame by hand back using 180 and then finished it off with a 240 and then 320 grade paper. The luggs where masked off and then I used paint stripper and wire wool, followed by 320 grit sandpaper.

I have got a feeling that the guy who is painting it is going to tell me to go and do some more sanding though :(

Ready for painting

So the photo isn't the best.... But the aluminum bits are now black and the 1st coats of clear coats are going on as we speak.... gonna be lovelly!

Attachments

• Cadex Masked.jpg
    Cadex Masked.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 2,249
Oh what!!

1st layer of clear coat is on - I had a minor romance explosion when I saw it!!!

Attachments

• Copy of Cadex Sprayed 002.jpg
    Copy of Cadex Sprayed 002.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 2,239
  • Copy of Cadex Sprayed 004.jpg
    Copy of Cadex Sprayed 004.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 2,239
  • Copy of Cadex Sprayed 006.jpg
    Copy of Cadex Sprayed 006.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 2,239
That finish makes me want to strip & respray my Mongoose IBOC Team SX.

Still don't think i've got the guts to take sandpaper to it tho :?

Latest posts

Back