any of you pretending to work tomorrow.....

pete_mcc

Feature Bike
BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
.....to avoid a 'family day'.

I know it sounds nasty, but is anyone still pretending to work tomorrow to avoid visiting 'special' relatives? Great thing is that by pretending to work on Monday you have managed to avoid having to visit relatives from Saturday onwards - I know I did. I've even managed to get them to believe that I'll be leaving after a hard day at work tomorrow (actually spending the day on the bike in the middle of nowhere) and travelling up late night so that when I arrive they should expend effort cooking me dinner and treating me like the prodigal son for all the hard work that I expended to enable me to visit them.

Anyone, or just me?

Bah humbug

Pete

pete_mcc":18yrk0wt said:
.....to avoid a 'family day'.

I know it sounds nasty, but is anyone still pretending to work tomorrow to avoid visiting 'special' relatives? Great thing is that by pretending to work on Monday you have managed to avoid having to visit relatives from Saturday onwards - I know I did. I've even managed to get them to believe that I'll be leaving after a hard day at work tomorrow (actually spending the day on the bike in the middle of nowhere) and travelling up late night so that when I arrive they should expend effort cooking me dinner and treating me like the prodigal son for all the hard work that I expended to enable me to visit them.

Anyone, or just me?

Bah humbug

Pete

Christmas is great isnt it! :D

not pointing this at you petemcc but some people really do hate christmas. i just cant figure them out this is my favourite time of the year! except for slade.....i hate that song so much. :x

I'm always pretending to work. Some bosses notice some don't worry :shock: :LOL:

i'm not a bah humbug type but i do get a bit sick of it, was invited out last night by friends, told them i had family here and i couldn't, it wasn't that i didn't want to go out with them, it's just i usually drive us all coz i'm not a big drinker but we'd have gone out and they would pushed me into drinking lots and staying at one of their houses, just couldn't be arsed with the hassle of it all, you know, the getting drunk, the staggering back, the continued drinking, sofa, waking up feeling sh*t and then thinking am up too early/late? should i help with breakfast? when is it polite to leave?

tonight was the parents at a nice restaurant, good food, no hassle.

stil got new year yet, london, can i be arsed? £40 minimum to get there, god knows how much on beer/food, and bound to feel sh*t new years day. oh and the hassle of do i try to pull the girl i'm staying with and risk embarrasment bearing in mind i'm in the dreaded "friendzone"!! :(

i might beable to get out of it with work but they (and she) know my hours! BUGGER! :(

nuts to that matey! i went out in manchester last year on new years eve, every bar you go in it takes 30 mins to get to the bas**rd and then another half hour to get served. got home in the morning bladdered after having a row with the missus £200 lighter and then the taxi charged us £50! for a fifteen mile journey! needless to say im not going out this time, spending it with family at home. no hangover newyears day and a nice big meal and sleep.
:D

Back