show us your gt's

OK, officially obsessed

Two Zaskar le's (both 18', 97), one karakoram and one Pantera. I'm currently debating which one or two to sell (obviously not the zaskies). Bought Pantera off ebay and cleaned up and fitted stuff to it today. What do you reckon? The Pantera and/or the Karakoram?

Attachments

• m_pics htc 217.jpg
    m_pics htc 217.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 1,633
the other three..This is my first love, bought for £250 in Manchester 6 years ago. Genuine Zaskar LE, '97 18". Now fitted with Marzocchi MX pro eta, mavic xc 717 on xt hubs, Xtr rear mech and Xt hollowtech crank. Despite a dent on top tube, this bike has been through the wars, up and down, Ben Nevis range, Lakes, Llandegla, Fort william..you name it. Lightest, strongest bike I've ever had and responsible for my GT obsession

Attachments

• m_pics htc 203.jpg
    m_pics htc 203.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 1,631
I dunno if it's a 97. It has serial number as does the pantera under BB , but it doesn't resemble the 6 figure ones on the zaskar. It says S7HY01094. (?) Still got the original rigid forks too

yep, crankset is (old, but functional) deore lx as is front mech. Had to replace rear mech with budget alivio as original one just couldn't hack it. Since this pic was taken i've also added marzocchi bombers, flylight 2000 and mavic x221 on deore hubs. Love the frame, when i originally got it it seemed heavy, but after changing wheels it's not far off the weight of my zaskar. It's been my work/commute bike for last 6 months, but i have to say it's capable of anything.

Back