Coolwall June 2011 - Girvin Flexstem

Coolwall June 2011 - Girvin Flexstem

• Cool

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Very cool, in fact cooler now then when I bought up 4 dozen NIB stems at a bike show in Richmond, VA in 2002 for a cool #350.00. I'm a partner in a beach cruiser rental gig, and have put them on 20 bikes, and they're still working fine since 2005, given the fact the bikes are rentals, read: abused.

Yes, beaucoup coolio. ;)

bwhsh8r":xp9hmlk8 said:
I love girvin and all, but I have to say uncool. I am biased though because I don't trust elastomers

No worries, matey....just a few gummy bears to save the day in a pinch. ;)

Cool

OK I'm voting cool...

But I fully expect this to sound nonsensical

I never bought or used one BITD I tried a mate's bike. There was flex alright but not purely vertical - The suspension effect wasn't really worth having

But they look cool and are nicely made, very of their time... Love the colour schemes and chunkiness

So I'm voting them cool, cos... They are, although they are indeed a bit naff as a suspension device and a teeny bit sub optimal as part of your control setup. They are super mega cool as part of your build

i think they are pretty cool
they do what they are supposed to do and look good

hello!

Hi all I'd say cool, due to fond memories of my dads old 93 dyna-tech having one and me always wanting it! Have a few sets of the flex stems bigger brother though, the vectors.
On a different note, this is my 1st post on here after regestering today, can't belive how many other people are into retro bikes like me! Have found some very usfull into already within hours of joining!!!!!
This does explain why, the bikes I wouldve thought other people cosider old rubishn are fetching loads on ebay, preventing me getting cheap old bikes any more ha ha!
1st of many posts Greg :)

My dad had a one in his Nishiki Bushwhacker BITD, got it from my friend who got it in his '91 Cannondale SE1000.
What a piece of s**t that was. The biggest failure the design had was the fact that there was only one pivot point making also the bars dive forwards too. Softride is a much better design in that sense.

UNCOOL

Back