cable anchor thingie!!

ti-fat-man

Senior Retro Guru
Hi folks, what i am looking to do is run a set of regular cantis on the rear of a frame designed for vee's. the frame does not have a cable anchor/stop to allow for a centre pull type canti.
I am looking for either a strap-on (ohh err misses!) to the seat post, or more favoured a metal jobbie that fits to the seat clamp and bolts, used to be fitted to older type fat's, sort of points down to the rear wheel.
Anyone out there can help?
cheers alan.

check out the St John St cycles website they have the item you describe, just don't be tempted to go buying the cantilevers they have for sale £99 for a set of Deore XT's !!!!

cheers, looked at the site and the item is listed at 5.99, so gonna buy one. heh went into my local bike shop, and started to explain to some saturday boy that i wanted to fit quailty canti's to a vee spec frame, he tried to explain to me that vee's were so powerful over regular! canti's that i might be in danger of going over the handlebar if i used the front to hard!!
if only that sat-boy knew the whole story, i didn't have time to explain mtb history to him, i once tried to explain the concept of a disc-drive to a non believer!
cheers Ti-Fat man aka alan.

nice one, looking forward to seeing it on here sometime.

Once caused similar 'alarm' when attempting to purchase one of those very powerful Suntour Self engerising brakes (for use on the back of my pace forks)

Mines has hit the trails now , and has even got quite muddy.

Back