Concorde MTB 1989 - FINISHED p3 -

Elev12k":2ysvoepj said:
I see some parts made place for more recent counterparts. Were the originals worn or inferior?

Only for the moment! Canti's are M732 so period correct. Levers and shifters were not original. I just put on BL-MT62 and SL-M732 from 1989. Crank is M730 also from that era! Only have to get some M732 or M730 f+r mechs!

Still not sure what year it's from. If I figure it out I will go for all the complete period correct parts! Got some dearhead. If it's pre 87 I am prepared! ;)

Rod_Saetan":1mu8t6cp said:
stumpjumper1990":1mu8t6cp said:
Canti's are M732 so period correct.

M732 introduced in 1989, http://mombat.org/Shimano.htm

I still think the bike is from mid to late 80's. So 1989 is within that period! ;)
Just serious! I put on some parts I had in the shed from that period! Still hope to get some more information about it. It doesn't even have a serialnumber or framenumber! :? Once I get the year right, I will get all the parts of that specific year!

The wheels are completely wrong..... just for the picture!

clockworkgazz":15vo4cts said:
Love your work and great score, love the front fork and the stem is stunning .

Thanks! I'm happy with it also!

Here's some more stem and bar! Stem is Ritchey Force fillet brazed!

GroteFoto-B8GABKD8.jpg

Cleaned the wheels and put some amber Tioga Psycho K on them. The color suits the amber color in the frame. Not sure about it though! :?

I have no idea in what year these Tioga's appeared! Anybody?

What do you think? Not the best pics cause it's a bit too dark...... :x

GroteFoto-C6P6RHAS.jpg

GroteFoto-ZWY8GTQ6.jpg

GroteFoto-MQLZ3MO3.jpg

I liked it best in the state you bought it.
Think it needs a chuncky saddle like an Avocet or Turbo, amber walls, love the canti's it had first.
The change of the brake levers and shifters looks good though as the old ones were not period correct.

Back