Evilbay - I'm peed off!!!

My mine gripe is he has ruined my feedback, despite my leaving him positive feedback.
I left him nice comments, but was just honest with the postage bit!
I didnt have a problem paying his charges, hence hitting BIN.

Everyone inflates shipping slightly on eBay it's a fact of life - What people should look at is the total price - is the total figure acceptable for the item, forget where it is apportioned to.

The only people making any money on eBay are eBay themselves and 99% of sellers will add a little extra to shipping prices to cover listing fees, final valuation fees and PayPal fees.

unfortunately alot of ebayers are stingy sad bar stewards, stingy coz we all want a deal, sad because we should have something better to do and bar stewards because they just can be, "avoid" etc, what a git. "10% idiot rate" don't think so, maybe 50%!

unfortunately it's not just private sellers, it can be shops aswell.

i work in the trade and when i post stuff if it's bikes, frames, forks or relatively large items i charge 10 to 15 pounds depending on securicor's weight limit but small items are posted royal mail 1st class recorded or sometimes silver delivery if it's more expensive stuff, this can cost anything from £1 to £5 and i guess on the item that i'm selling as to what i list as the postage on the listing, this i consider includes the jiffy bag, driving to the post office, paying to park(!) and standing in a queue for f*ck knows how long among the "where's my f**king giro moosh!!??" idiots down there!

what i'm saying is the post might well seem expensive but sometimes it's hassle for the seller, not that it justifies "avoid" feed back, that's well tossy.

on a personal note i bought some forks from a shop about a month ago, listing finished on a saturday night, i paid for them next day coz they were open, thought they'd post them on monday so i'd recieve them on tuesday bearing in mind £9 postage, but i recieved them on friday in a jiffy bag with no reciept at all. i just wouldn't do that! if you phone and there is no reciept given how do you know what you've been charged? got my reciept after a further 2 weeks after i left them good feedback (staight away) and even though i thought there service was sh*t (slow posting, expensive post,no reciept, badly packaged) i left good feedback for no other reason than getting good feedback myself and luckily there was no damage to the forks even though they were hanging out of the jiffy bag!

some people are just pri*ks! and you just have to live with it. :(

one of these days i'll just go on a mental stabbing mission and sort the worlds problems out!!!! :D :D arsey ebayers beware!! :D

The "avoid" feedback was unwarranted but at the same time i do think your comment about the postage in your feedback was also a bit pithy.

As others on here have already said i dont think people can complain about p&p charges from sellers, if you dont like it dont buy the item.

If everybody did that then sellers would soon have to charge a more reasonable figure.

it is quite common, I find, to quote a standard parcels price for shipping, because the item is in a small box, the go to the post office where the cashier offers you 1st and 2nd class, which are both cheaper and quicker,
this has happened to me on a few occassions,

if paying for postage through paypal, you can choose to hide the cost of postage, but it does tell you the weight and service, so the recipient can easily calculate the cost,

i charge high for postage on ebay items, but i have to sacrifice my entire lunch break to send them out.

There is a cardboard form in the post office that lets you calculate postage based on size and weight.

Just wrap it up , measure it and bung it on the kitchen scales. easy.

I personally dont agree with inflated postage.
I had a woman charge me 4 qiud over the odds because and her quote was " it costs me time and shoe leather to post it ".

Well sorry if I offend anyone, but when I sell something on the bay, I expect to have to post it unless I put " local collection only ".

I guess everyone has their own views and thats what makes us all different :)

Back