GT Xizang 1995

Humm, nice ideas thanks ;)

Really love that idea on your pic matthew71, using the Blue on the seatpost and Stem :)

But at th moment this is what I´ve done just to see how it looks or can be improved :cool:

I'd say ditch the Spins and the AMP both are too gimmicky for this bike. And get a zero-rise stem (use more spacers if you want the bar higher).

Really should have a JUDY SL.

But, it's your bike, not mine. What looks good to you and rides well is what matters in the end.

Some inspiration for you:

Used to be Archangel's, not sure who has it now"

xizang_6.jpg

It's Kirby's old GTX:

7xizang_185.jpg

And this one belongs to some guy who at least one person over on MTBR thinks is an idiot. But if you like those silly green tires I guess it's not so bad. ;)

x1.jpg

mechagouki":3dve6ko0 said:
I'd say ditch the Spins and the AMP both are too gimmicky for this bike.

Really should have a JUDY SL.

Exactly my thoughts. As I love Spins and have them on one of my Zaskars, not sure about spins paired with Xizang. Forks does not clash with bike. AMP are ok and bit different here but again, Yellow Judys are so nice and goes well with frame and decals. Said that, I think it looks good, not everyones cup of tea but not bad either.
Archangel's Xizang it's a good benchmark to me.

Lovely frame with a great polish, but I think you need to let the frame shine rather than cover it in attention grabbing off the wall parts, the frame is pure understated quality doesn't need the bling, yellow and Ti do go well!

xizangs are beautiful bikes, and to concurr with others, i think high end simplicity and classic parts really sit well on them. lots of people have done it, but full xtr, a lightweight high end rock shox fork and some lightweight 32 spoke xc race wheels just look oh so right on them..

Hi Thanks for all the coments.

mechagouki,
Yes, the Stem will be a Zero Rise but I only have this on Stock and didnt bought another one :(
The Green Tyres I have a few but dont have them installed ;)

I will search for a colour option for the Bike but thoes Amber are really great ;)
About the fork I got a FSX from 1995 that received today so I believe its much better and I will keep the year, about the SL(Yellow) I wana escape the normal assembly but I will let you guys decide if looks OK or not ;)

Thanks for the Pictures, they are a nice help ;)

Radoslaw
This Spin´s are sold and I have only a Pair of almost new Spinergys and I will assemble a Spoke wheelset soon to give it a try in look matters ;)

gtRTSdh,
Indead, the polish is great and I havent done any thing to it or to improve it, the Frame is almost as new condition.

adri.75,
Nice dream Bike you have ;)

merckx,
you could be very right but I´m still trying and testing what I could fit on the Bike so its still a project at the moment so all options are considered and opinions ;)

I replaced since last pictures the Pedals for some Shimano 747, I tryed my CK headset instead of the Blue Ringle, the Tioga Handlebar have been replaced for a answer Hyperlite, the Amp B4 Fork have been replaced for a Rock Shox FSX, the Black Flite was replaced for a Yellow Blue one, the Grip Shift I fitted the ESP900 instead of the 800 and removed the Shimano M952 RD for a Sram ESP Deraileur, the wheels I sold my older Spinergy and this Spins on the Picture and got a very Good condition Spinergys that I´m using with this IRC Mythos.
I removed the original seatclamp to fit a Blue Titanium one ;)

The Blue Grip Shift Grips wore fitted when I had the Blue Ringle Headset and didnt took them out. Probably I will re-fit the Black ones again!
I´m still waiting for a Titanium Bottom Bracket to remove this heavy Shimano and my Syncros Titanium Seatpost that is still on customs :(

But lets go for the most impostant, the pictures(Mobile, sorry :oops: )

Thanks ;)

Nuno

Back