My aluminium bike I made in 1984 ----Plus restoration

I'm not sure which I like most - the bike or the car!

It would be interesting to know the frame only weight, but 10kg isn't overly heavy, so it can't be a tank. What design work went into the lugs, or was it more just trial and error - guesstimation? Impressive, however it was done!

must be one of the first examples of an ISP too!

I would love to do something like this, sadly my skills with a manual milling machine suck.

Massive respect for building your own frame it looks stunning. Nice bug too, I have a '72 1302 convertible that I am slowly restoring ground up at the moment, If i ever get it to be half a good as yours I will be dead chuffed!

Thanks for all your comments on my bike its hard to belive I built it so long ago the pictures on here are from back in the day, I will need to take some new ones with my digital camera, but first it needs a clean and polish.Its winter over here now and as Im not as young as I was, it hard to get motivated to ride, you guys in the northern half of the planet are tougher, Im complaining about winter and yesterday was 20 deg c and sunny, we went for a drive in the Beetle instead.Ok today its a ride.

Fanfikkentastic!
On both counts, I love to see this kind of work being done, thanks very much for sharing it :cool:

Rob Atkin":2rncz6z9 said:
I simply don't know what to type about your bike, simply gorgeous.

+1, looks good and top marks all round for inenguity/originality too.

David

P.S. Rob - that Business Cat avatar is absolutely priceless! :D

After 28 years I am doing a resto on my hand built aluminium frame, will post pic as I go. At the moment all the paint is stripped and the lugs have been repolished.

Love the bike and i am envious of your skills. What plans have you for the new paint?

OMG!!! Im now feeling faint. I have the utmost respect for your skills and passion! Thank you so much for sharing, I just picked up this post late. Im now waiting for someone to post a picture of a fully restored team car complete with team bikes on top! Chapeau man!

Back