Australian Events and Rides - Melbourne, VIC

Well me Mark and Pete braved the chilly and wet conditions and man it was boggy!

Good fun though, taken me 2 washes to get my kit clean haha

We lost Pete at this point and then found him at the cafe haha good lad. This was the driest part of the day, the majority of the day was spent pounding through 6" of mud and scraping mm's off the rims with the clag in the brake blocks. I must try some other brake blocks in my Magura's as by the end of the day, i had zero braking!

5970105724_9e4f1c4f14_b.jpg

spent a few hours today cleaning the bike, it was filthy! Pulled my shifter cable out too as that was rooted and need new brake blocks as they basically got ground to death yesterday haha, luckily I have some on order for my Marin. Bonus though my black Flite is really red and black with white text, the sand on my arse basically sandpapered the old leather paint off it and it came up a treat!

Thanks for a great day lads. I'd like to claim superior speed, but the reality is I took the chicken run to some dry clothes & a coffee! I'll be up for new brake blocks also by the feel of it. I am now in the process of putting my mostly un-loved road bike on a mag trainer to get a few miles in the legs so I can at least keep up on the climbs next outing!!

Sounds like I missed a good ride, I can't believe Lyster gets so muddy so quickly...Last ride there was bone dry. Will defo be at the next one if they let me out of the edit suite.

The really muddy parts were just the bits that... ahem... 'may' have been closed. I understand that they are putting out a contarct for that to be all fixed. Was a good ride still. I look forward to the next one! :LOL:

Back