Herefordshire Road Ride II - Saturday 23rd July 2011

Hi chaps- glad you all survived part 2 of the ride whilst I meandered back to Ed's and enjoyed a cuppa with Vinia!

With little riding done this year and nothing hilly since Easter my estimate of how far I would get was about right and good to whet my appetite for our summer wanderings round Europe. I also took due notice of Ed's dark mutterings at the lunch stop about bile being underrated!

Watch out for a thread about travels to Poland and meeting up with RB member Skolioza and family.

Good to see you all

CAS

1406 metres = 4 612.86089 feet

:shock: :shock: :shock: No wonder I nearly blew my bloody moustache off !!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

My decision not to go this time (again) was vindicated when I struggled to do 20 miles this afternoon. No riding and still feeling grotty from infection/antibiotics would have meant hold everyone up very badly.

Looks like you had a great ride and I now have a year to find a suitable pair of forks to stick on the Alan. Anyone have some?

Post ride analysis :

I hit a decent sized rock going down a crappy potholed road at about 35 mph. Front wheel punctured immediately , rear wheel hit the same rock but lasted about a mile further. Two buckled wheels with a dented front rim , two scrap Vittoria Rally tubs , 1 scrap Mavic SSC rim , 1 Vittoria Pit Stop , 4 CO2 cartridges.

Thanks Ed for coming back to check I was OK -- "No one gets left behind" -- Semper Fi bro

Big Up to daj and nevadasmith - those guys were like Duracell bunnies !

CAS - first time I've seen turnups on a pair of bibshorts :D

Simplex":2jtv9bww said:
1 scrap Mavic SSC rim

My word, that's bad news that it's totally beyond saving.

I have some spare tub wheels if you need something to tide you over.

Back