Mike Kowal 653

5Bulll

Dirt Disciple
My first Road Build, took me a long time but i have finally got it finished, i owe thanks to the forum as many parts were bought off here and made the build a lot easier
I admit its a bit of a mix up of components, but its worked out really well for me, The shift mate gives me perfect shifting and Overall its great to ride :D

SAM_0138.jpg

SAM_0136.jpg

SAM_0137.jpg

SAM_0139.jpg

Mike kowal custom built frame, 653 - (not for me :LOL: .. but the perfect size for me )
Dura ace hubs with Mavic open 4CD rims (bladed spokes)
Fons de bal seat post
Black 3TTT stem
Dawes GB Rando bars
Campagnolo record crankset
Campagnolo chorus Brake callipers
Campagnolo Xenon 10 speed ergopower shifters
Shimano 105 10 speed cassette
Shimano 105 derailleurs
MKS Sylvian pedals
Campagnolo veloce Bb

If anyone has any questions on my build, ill be gald to help out

otherself":2ty0lw3w said:
Cool, but not sure about the mix of C&S.

I can understand what your saying, but all the parts work well together and i saved a lot of money this way too.

dutchie":2ty0lw3w said:
What is the use for the special little tool on the rear gear?

Its a shiftmate, it basically changes the ratio of cable being pulled through to give smooth shifting and to make the ergopower shifters compatible with the spacing on the 105 cassette, here's a link which explains it better:
http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/Shiftmate.asp

Nice looking bike. I really like the frame.

What's the saddle out of interest? I'm looking for one very similar.

That saddle angle looks downright dangerous. :shock:
it's a nice bike and appears that he took his inspiration from a Motorola Merckx...

Jonny69":aaatnkjv said:
Nice looking bike. I really like the frame.

What's the saddle out of interest? I'm looking for one very similar.

Thanks! and as for the saddle i'm looking to replace it, if your interested drop me a pm and ill give you pics and details, you can have it for the postage fees.

Like Dead rats suggests a flite would be great, or a concor, but didnt have the money at the end of the build :LOL:, so when a good deal comes up, ill buy a different saddle

oldmuthariley":aaatnkjv said:
That saddle angle looks downright dangerous.
it's a nice bike and appears that he took his inspiration from a Motorola Merckx...

As for the saddle angle the photo was taken before the final set up, its a bit less like a slide now ;)
And the Merckx , i can see the resemblance!

5Bulll":2w0odmh9 said:
Thanks! and as for the saddle i'm looking to replace it, if your interested drop me a pm and ill give you pics and details, you can have it for the postage fees.
Deal! Ok, I'm going on holiday in a few hours so I won't be able to reply, but I'll drop you a pm when I get back in a week.

Back