San Andreas black and polished

Magsy":13h38mk6 said:
Very nice, I'd of be torn there, it looks an amazing polish job and I wouldn't of wanted to paint over it. On the other hand it would then look a bit plain so...

Can I ask what you polished it with? :D

Thanks M/C Shawn

And Magsy don’t worry I haven’t panted over my polished R- series, I have 2 San Andreas, a 95 tubular and a 98 pressed seat unit versions. Will post up the polished one when I make a couple of alterations to it.

The polish IM afraid I cant help you with a product name as I was given a 2.5 litre tube of cutting past and 1 litre of finishing liquid from a customer I had.
The cutting pasts is a slightly runnier version of Autosolve past, other's on Retro Bike use Autosolve and get great results, the finishing liquid makes it gleam without a cut.

Sorry i cant help with product name Magsy.

Juniour

Cranks are ready, need to sours a bottom bracket, I’m edging towards red :idea: we’ll see.

Attachments

• P1060630.JPG
    P1060630.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 2,544
hollow tech XT or middleburn RS3

Have a bit of a dilemma, hollow tech XT or middleburn RS3.
Was going for lightweight build using new and old, found some ok RS3 cranks for my new 2001 DHS .They had a few marks on them so I have now polished them up, now they are polished they can go on Junior keeping the black and polished theme.
The XT hollow tech, I am thinking red anodize and on the DHS.
So middleburn RS3 on Junior
Hollow tech XT on the DHS, YES or NO "Help" .

Attachments

• IMG_8003.JPG
    IMG_8003.JPG
    166.3 KB · Views: 2,325
  • IMG_8012.JPG
    IMG_8012.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 2,325
nutcase-retro said:
If you knew me you would have known I had a goat, and not have brought the subject up :x . His name was Buck and he kept the lawn in FANTASTIC condition. Then one night the foxes took him. God i loved that GOAT :( . :[/quote

a fox took a goat?,sounds more like a tiger to me :D

matthew71":f05ojjgp said:
nutcase-retro":f05ojjgp said:
If you knew me you would have known I had a goat, and not have brought the subject up :x . His name was Buck and he kept the lawn in FANTASTIC condition. Then one night the foxes took him. God i loved that GOAT :( . :[/quote

a fox took a goat?,sounds more like a tiger to me :D

Do you know, you’re right, I am only 10 miles away from the safari park at bewdley. To this day I never believed the police when they said the foxes had taken him, yes it was a bigcat, not a moggy a tiger or panther from the Wye Forrest. God i loved that GOAT.

I'd def put the RS3's on Junior and keep the theme running :cool: .

Liking the collection! I'm looking for a third to start building but not many popping up at the moment.

I'd normally say always go for the Middleburns but those HT2 cranks look sweet polished. However you've also done a great job on the Middleburns so my swinging vote goes to them finally! Black rings would look ace.

Back