Weekend 22/23rd Dec - North Downs

Saturday or sunday ?

• Saturday 22nd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sunday 23rd

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
tintin40":1bbmrj6u said:
As this was the weekend that every body wanted instead of the joe's last weekend.
So it me you, chris and???

Tony,
I'd been looking forward to the ride ever since it was announced..I'd even delayed joining the exodus to Cornwall so I could come along...now Im left behind on the sofa, looking out of the window, drinking like Lucozade and feeling like poo :0(

If I thought I had a chance of surviving more that 50 yards I'd be there...Believe me, I wish I was :0)

I'll be along on another one soon tho

G

What a great ride. :D :D :D :D :D meet some more faces off the site. Quick too. Went down memmory lane to in places :cool:
I just love the Surrey countryside. :D :D

Yes great ride .

shame I left my good legs at home . :oops:

Sylvain took quite a few pics .

snooks":3s5bzuc5 said:
tintin40":3s5bzuc5 said:
Went down memmory lane to in places :cool:

You didn't go and get yerself lost again did you??? :D

Not this time. We did lose two people But soon found them. :) And i fell off once. Nice and soft too just a bit dirty. Hope Sylvain posts the pictures soon. Can't wait to see them.

Yes good ride :) Maybe it was the mulled wine, but I was real drowsy when I got home. Here are the pics, most taken with gloves!

At the car park just outside Westcott:

xmasride1.jpg

xmasride2.jpg

xmasride4.jpg

xmasride14.jpg

This bugger of a climb was a lot steeper than it looks:

xmasride5.jpg

xmasride6.jpg

xmasride7.jpg

First pit stop to try and silence CChris' disk brakes:

xmasride9.jpg

xmasride10.jpg

Tintin was real fast on the climbs, not so fast on the downhills! (well he did not have a functionning rear brake ...)

xmasride11.jpg

xmasride12.jpg

xmasride13-2.jpg

Nice pics Sylvain. Looks bloody cold though boys.

Shame I couldn't come and play. was going to bring a cross bike too. Then you'd have been waiting for me all over the place mind.

Tony - so glad you've got a helmet. Nice one fella.

:D

Wu-Tangled":2icje9yn said:
Nice pics Sylvain. Looks bloody cold though boys.

Shame I couldn't come and play. was going to bring a cross bike too. Then you'd have been waiting for me all over the place mind.

Tony - so glad you've got a helmet. Nice one fella.

:D
Thanks Gus. Only cold at the start of ride. Once got moving and some climbs in :cool: Thanks too jez for the 'skid lid' swopped for a syncros 1'' cable hanger. Hasn't helpped my down hilling. :( Did like the 2007 Yeti :oops: If i was to have new bike then that would be high on the list. But with gears :LOL: Leith Hill was busy with mtbs :D but full of 2007 suser crap mainly. Glad we left when we did. Might have got the urge to buy one :shock: :LOL:

Really good ride.. Nice and flowing. My last week has been a little cursed, the trend continued today when I woke up and looked at my alarm it was 9.36am !!!! By 10.36 I was pulling up at the car park just about in time for the ride. Thanks for everyone waiting for me to get my kit on and for Lid for buying me a cuppa at the top of Leigh Hill when my wallet was 6-7 miles away.
The '07 crowd at the tower were bemused to the rabble of old bikes that were scattered about.

Back