Cannondale F600 (year 2K)

Malvern Rider

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
18" ('Large' according to 'Dale) Quite a state when I had it, with breaking Coda kit all over. Paintjob is touched up everywhere, but no dents or cracks. I love it, it feels indestructible and flies over pretty much everything even if the punishing old Headshok feels a bit pogo-ish, but hey, she's mine and goes all day without complaining. Much more comfortable than I though Cannondales would be.

Budget re-build from available parts worked out quite nicely, and is really lightweight and dependable.

Deore Hollowtech crankset
Mavic 221 on XT hub (rear)
Sunn CR18 on XT hub (front)
On One Mary bars
Schwalbe Big Apples (2.35)
Tektro Levers with Coda V's/cartridge pads. (Amazing stoppers!)
Fizik Gobi saddle

Hey Mark, to answer ur q - I really like Headshoks. This one could probably do with a service, it seems a little raspy/springy, but it holds air, soaks up bumps and the lockout works perfectly.

For hardcore rock gardens forget it, not enough travel (80mm?) but for XC/general use I think they rule. It tracks perfectly, no fore and aft play at all, and the novelty of locking out fully rigid at the turn of the dial on top of stem is something I came to appreciate v quickly. I now expect it, which put me in a quandary about moving back to twin stanchion forks. I may be selling this bike on soon, but must admit am now a fan of Headshok and CAAD mtb frames. They're just lighter, stiffer and more convenient than other forks of the same travel.

My mate has an F4000 with Fatty Ultras, and they are plush too, and even lighter.

I agree with a reviewer's comments on MTBR -
produce this fork with 105mm travel, and it will be ONE LEGENDARY FORK- bar none. With a quarter-turn lockout, climbs will put all your friends in the dust.

love the mango paintjob just like my Jekyll of the same vintage :D

Attachments

• Steve-1-Tissington-Trail.jpg
    Steve-1-Tissington-Trail.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 1,427
Back