Grove X-frame 29er

Here we go, arrived in Colorado, met with Rody who had been driving 24hours to get there. He brought the X and we mounted the parts at the parking lot of the Hotel in Fruita (CO). The bikes looks stunning in the flesh, hope I can do it justice in the pics ;)
After that we rode Mary's loop with some friends (a great short ride at the Kokopeli MTB area). All I can say now......I'm a happy man! :D :D :D

Pics,

2f1131be.jpg

b40943b2.jpg

616d2b70.jpg

13a4f881.jpg

482e5ed8.jpg

ab16b519.jpg

f56c1fb9.jpg

0eda4901.jpg

8d2de34d.jpg

JAW Dropper :D :D For such an apparently simple frame the details are wonderful! The cable routing especially :cool: Must have taken a fair bit of ken to know how to make/spec that central mast. If I had to nit pick I'd probably change the fork, the aesthetic of the slimmer legs and slim crown don't blend as good as a carbon job would with the front end. This would look great with a niner fork.

kaiser":227earyi said:
JAW Dropper :D :D For such an apparently simple frame the details are wonderful! The cable routing especially :cool: Must have taken a fair bit of ken to know how to make/spec that central mast. If I had to nit pick I'd probably change the fork, the aesthetic of the slimmer legs and slim crown don't blend as good as a carbon job would with the front end. This would look great with a niner fork.

Bill had that boomtube made out of a sheet of 3/2.5 titanium and than rolled to tube and welded.....there were around 20 of those tubes and most of 'm were used to build the wheelchairs for the Japanese Paralympics team...only two of 'm were used on X-frames ..... this bike is build with the last one ;)
It does take a lot of craftmanship to shape that tube as only a very small section in the middle is actually round

Back