1999 Seven Sola

Larry

Dirt Disciple
I've been searching for parts to bring this back to it original state. I purchased the frame in 1999 and built it up with what I thought was the best stuff at the time. It's funny my current ride hasn't strade to far from what this bike was. Hard tail with disc brakes.

I'm not totally there with the build kit, but I think I'm 90%. I'm still looking for a period cassette, King hub shells and I'd love to find some NOS green Michelin Wildgrippers. Other than that I just need to put it back together. I also need to piece a brake set out of the pile of Hayes brakes that I have.

Attachments

• IMG_2033.JPG
    IMG_2033.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 1,286
  • IMG_2032.JPG
    IMG_2032.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 1,286
This is going to look great, however you need another handlebar for the third stem!

I know...my buddy said I should rock all three. I can't decide which one I want to use. I bought the Avid because I love the look of it, but it kind of looks like a fake. I originally had the Race Face stem on it.

On the acquisition front I order new Chris King disco tech hub shells. They should be here next week some time.

very nice components...are those rims CD(gray)? have been searching the entire universe for such a pair :shock:

Lenni - To be honest I don't know what they called this paint option. At the time I think the only other option was silver. Over the years I've seen gold and black. I had a pair of black, but sold one and I also had another grey one that was in great condition. The sticker was off just alittle, but other than that it was fine. I stumble across this pair.

Here are a few pictures to add to the pile. I thought I'd lost the head badge...but found it while going through my old car that was on it's way the car heaven. Hub shells came in as well...those will look nice.

Attachments

• IMG_2082.JPG
    IMG_2082.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 1,070
  • IMG_2085.JPG
    IMG_2085.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 1,070
  • IMG_2036.JPG
    IMG_2036.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 1,070
Cracked open the hubs this weekend. They were showing their 10 years of neglect. There wasn't much of any grease in the front bearings and the rear speaks for it's self. I did manage to mess up the front bearing while try'n to install it in the new shell....will be call King as soon as they wake up.

Attachments

• IMG_2086.JPG
    IMG_2086.JPG
    159.7 KB · Views: 989
  • IMG_2087.JPG
    IMG_2087.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 989
I blew out the race on one of my front bearings plus the old axle won't tighten down over the bearings in the new shells. It sucks, but it is what it is. So I have new bearings and spacers coming from King as well as a new seal kit for the rear hub.

On the plus side I scored a cass. from Crazyknowledge today.

Back